alsarraf

Quickly Show/Hide Layers

Click (and hold) a checkbox for a layer, then move the cursor arrow down/up to hide/show multiple layers.

This feature is available in Photoshop, and it is Awesome!

Update:

option+click the checkbox of a layer to hide all layers except the that layer.

You can already do that by regular clicking on any of the selected layers' visibility checkbox...

Yeah, I would very much like this too.

Or - a slower and less cool implementation, allow me to toggle visibility of all selected layers if I OPT+click the checkbox.

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

2018 11" iPad Pro 256 GB, latest iPadOS public beta

the possibility to Click & Hold and move the mouse over other visibility checkboxes to hide/show other layers, as it's in Photoshop, I really miss a lot

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

Would be nicer if we had Photoshop styled layer compositions  or Xara styled " name"  tag .  Or just color tags and a button to see only similarity "colored" layers     That way we could switch multiple layers at once.

+1 for being able to alt+click on the checkbox and toggle displaying (this/all other layers) being able to easily view layers in solo is very useful in animating!

I realize that right now you can alt+click on a layer thumbnail, but I don't think it's useful enough. In Xara, when you solo an object or a layer, it remains like that until you un-solo it. In Affinity Designer, solo mode gets turned off as soon as you click anywhere outside of the soloed object, or even ctrl+click inside it if it's a group. I would prefer it to be a manual on/off switch. This is one of the most useful features I can imagine when dealing with complex designs.

Update:

option+click the checkbox of a layer to hide all layers except the that layer.

Is this a mac only feature? It doesn't work like that on Windows.. or is it the exact same thing like alt+clicking on the image thumbnail as I mentioned in the previous response?

Is this a mac only feature? It doesn't work like that on Windows.. or is it the exact same thing like alt+clicking on the image thumbnail as I mentioned in the previous response?

The difference between the function you described ( alt+click on a thumb will isolate the the layer in the canvas/the view - it is a view-related function). What alsarraf in his initial post described is layer-related. Means: it alters the visibility of the scene and not only the view. 

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6

macOS Sierra 10.12.6;

MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM