arnojenkins

[Fixed] Display Errors

I'm using Affinity Designer (1.6.0.35) on the latest version of the 12.9" iPad, after about 15 minutes of use I get strange lines and patterns on the screen. This has happened a few times while I'm working on an illustration. If I quit the app and reopen the file it works fine. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Regards,
Arno

IMG_0359.png

IMG_0360.png

IMG_0361.png

IMG_0363.png

@arnojenkins

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Thank you for your report and screen shots. There have been a number of similar reports like this since release, and today we have managed to reproduce this and find a potential cause. We are looking at testing (initially internally) a fix starting tomorrow. If the fix is successful, then this issue will be resolved in the first patch (1.6.1) and I would expect that to be available in the iPad Store shortly after.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

20 minutes ago, arnojenkins said:

Out of curiosity which iPad are you using, do you know if this problem is specific to an iPad version or size?

It's a difficult to trace memory leaking problem, so the smaller memory models will see this happening quicker, but no it's not model specific 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi, I purchase this App yesterday, today was my very first test trying to make a simple logo out of three letters, nothing complex when I started to see the same glitches frames as mentioned here. I'm using iPad 12 cellular model, purchased new 2018, iOS 11.3. The glitch gets worst when zooming in. Exiting the App and opening it again seams to work but it will start again in like 10 to 15 minutes. Sometimes is black with white dots, others looks like a Skotch pattern, others look like a background pattern. I really hope there is a fix for this (I can't wait to dump all Adobe's stuff).

Alex

CD8E0148-CB93-4E22-9AA3-C4427CB0B277.png

@avlab

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

Thank you for your report. We have found a number of memory leaks that contribute to the problem, but we are still in the process of testing these fixes to see if we have stopped the problem altogether. Hopefully we can issue a public patch soon when we have some successful test results. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd