You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to apply "automatic" lens profiles?

• Staff

Thanks for that, is this the Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G ED? If so, could you please provide a sample RAW file using this lens to the previously supplied link?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @Woodsman :)

Affinity Photo uses the Lensfun database for lens correction when developing RAW files, the current release of Lensfun unfortunately doesn't contain support for your lens, which is why this is not compatible with Affinity Photo at this time. We are reliant on Lensfun adding support for these lenses in a future update for Affinity Photo to be able to support this lens by default. Unfortunately I cannot provide a timescale for this, as it relies on third parties, which are our of our control.

The good news is that in the 'development' section of Lensfun, I can see that the Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD (B028) lens has recently been added - which would indicate that they're hoping to include support for this lens as standard in a future update of Lensfun, and therefore within Affinity.

As I suspect you will not wish to wait for this update, we can instead manually install the required lens profiles into Affinity, by downloading an .xml from Lensfuns Github.

Please visit the below link and download 'slr-tamron.xml' from the Lensfun Github - 

https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/blob/master/data/db/slr-tamron.xml

Once downloaded, open Affinity Photo, then navigate to Affinity Photo > Preferences > General and select Open Lens Profile Folder in Finder. In the folder that opens, copy the slr-tamron.xml into the LensProfiles folder, then close this, restart the app and try opening your RAW file once more  - you should find that this lens is now supported.

You can find out more about installing lens profiles manually here - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/330446061/

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...