You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unfortunatly not. I would love to pay for a smart-manager-tool for comfortable organizing and fast find what you looking for, directly from AP. It would be really great if it would not limited to pictures, also for organize presets, brushes, styles, macros.... the possibilities so far are really long-windowed.

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

I'm very interested in this, too. I understand a product is not an immediate priority for Affinity, nor should it be at the moment, but I would be interested in any workflow advice with existing tools that are similar to, but are not Lightroom. We move alot of images through our studio, and image management is a big deal for us. Thanks!

On 7/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, MEB said:

Hi Polygonius,
We do hope to have our own DAM software later but it will still take quite some time until we get there. There's other projects and updates taking priority right now.

The prospect for an Affinity DAM become less hopeful every year.

Good to know it's not off the TO-DO list. I really like Affinity Photo, and I think Serif can do something really great in a DAM. Personally, I haven't found anything that can match the now defunct Aperture. I know there are still die-hards like me that feel the same way.

It's funny how Apple does document occasional compatibility enhancements to keep Aperture from outright crashing on current versions of macOS. My observation was it worked better in High Sierra than Sierra. Still, I have to give it up for good, because it will never support the D850.

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

I really like your software, and use them daily. I miss a focus on making it possible to use affinity photo as a DAM so are you focusing on that now? I want to get away from adobe completely It would really help allot when working with many pictures at once to see them side by side like in Adobe Lightroom. I would also pay extra to have the program separate of affinity photo if focused on.

Best Regards

Martin

Hi,

This answer confuses me more as a bit. Since more than three years your company says that they are considering to develop a DAM, but NOTHING has happen.I am using Lightroom 6 and still waiting on you. For me I need to know, if I can count on you or not. If not, I would pay for Adobe CC and decline Affinity photo, because it makes no sense to have both.

Stalling tactics are not an option and above all not customer-friendly. I like working with Affinity Photo, but my workflow by using a NIKON Z7 and 56.000 photos is in dire need of improvement and for that I need a Lightroom replacement or the latest version of Lightroom itself.

So, with that in mind, please give the community a specific answer.

Regards,
Timo

• Staff

Hi TimFalk73,
I'm sorry if i wasn't clear enough but that's all the info i have for now. We aren't discarding the possibility to have/develop a DAM but there's really nothing concrete to announce at this point other than what was said previously. The dev teams are still quite busy with Affinity Publisher, Photo and Designer and their integration. If you really need a DAM right now it's probably better to search for other solutions than waiting.

40 minutes ago, TimFalk73 said:

Hi,

This answer confuses me more as a bit. Since more than three years your company says that they are considering to develop a DAM, but NOTHING has happen.I am using Lightroom 6 and still waiting on you. For me I need to know, if I can count on you or not. If not, I would pay for Adobe CC and decline Affinity photo, because it makes no sense to have both.

Stalling tactics are not an option and above all not customer-friendly. I like working with Affinity Photo, but my workflow by using a NIKON Z7 and 56.000 photos is in dire need of improvement and for that I need a Lightroom replacement or the latest version of Lightroom itself.

So, with that in mind, please give the community a specific answer.

Regards,
Timo

Luminar looks promising try there Trial.

https://skylum.com/luminar