You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo is very very slow

hey there, I wanted to try out this great new app, and I am using an ipad pro from July 2017, 12.9, but the app is not running smoothly. I only wanted to drag a racktangle and it took for years.

Are there any settings I can make???

• Staff

Hi smets,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
@DWright is referring to the iOS version (the operative system that runs on your iPad). You are probably running the retail/commercial version (not the Beta) but to check it out go to the Settings (on your iPad), select the General section on the left, then Software Update on the right. It should tell you what version you are running - the latest version is iOS 11.4.1.

Regarding the slow performance, do you have any other apps running in background? If so close them, turn off the iPad then turn it On again and repeat what you are doing with the rectangle. Does the problem still persist?

Please consider changing your Forum username to something else to prevent spammers from harvesting your e-mail. To do it go here and set a new username or click your username in the top right of this forum's page, select Account Settings, click on the Display Name link on the left and change/set a new username (on the right).

You’re looking in the wrong place! Your screenshot shows the Preferences page in Affinity Photo, but you need to run the Settings app. Press the Home button and find the icon for the Settings app, which looks like this:

19A4F717-E729-4714-909E-B7C8DCFC381A.jpeg.a69a98517f8e3e150ec0b3af3efcc15d.jpeg

Tap on the icon and choose ‘General > Software Update’ as per @MEB‘s instructions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Those are your installed apps. Scroll up to the top of the list for the ‘General’ setting.

2FB9F692-3322-4063-BB2C-596D6D12D5D0.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)