Hank McCoy

How can I input and output hex color values in Designer and Photos for iPad?

There seems to be no fields to read-copy-extract, or to type in specific hex values in the color studio for Affinity Photos and Designer for iPad. Am I overlooking something? Please help! 

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Hank. :)

The Affinity apps don’t seem to have a hex input feature yet. :(

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Hank McCoy,

Welcome to the forums :) 

Unfortunately there's currently no way to manually input hex values, but it has been previously requested in the thread below and something we may implement in the future!

Thanks Dan! I sure hope that you can implement it. It’s quite essential to our design team's workflow in developing style guides for interactive design for our clients (who prefer hex values) Crossing my fingers

It's hard to see how an app that's supposed to be relied on in a professional production environment could fail to accept hex code input. I'd recommend that your engineers make that a priority.

1 hour ago, KennethHuey said:

It's hard to see how an app that's supposed to be relied on in a professional production environment could fail to accept hex code input. I'd recommend that your engineers make that a priority.

Like this? :o

7877D549-F7A7-47C7-8668-E9BCB1354FDE.png

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?