You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Meta: Forum display issues [solved]

There's no matching category – please move as appropriate.
I complained already when this forum framework was updated – and I still can not get a quick and efficient overview of recent activities, even when logged in.

What I want is really basic:

• A single entry for every new or updated thread, chronological sorting newest to older
  • No social reactions (likes) littering that list

Essentially a list that is so slim and simple that there's no need (given the overall moderate post volume) to subscribe to threads to keep track.
Is there any way to set this up, when logged in?

• Staff

We're constrained to the limitations of Invision coding here, but I think there is a way to create what you are looking for.

Under the Activity tab at the top is My Activity Streams with a drop-down list. Here you can create a new 'stream' with your own custom settings. The closest I can match to your description would be to change Show me to 'Content items only' and Default View to 'Condensed', then simply name the stream and save it.
image.thumb.png.676fc262ffef4bd264b884d191380aae.png

You can then access this stream anytime from the drop-down list, perhaps bookmark it for quicker access :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thank you very much Dan!
I have just set up a custom stream and hope this works. I'll  let you know.

11 minutes ago, Dan C said:

You can then access this stream anytime from the drop-down list, perhaps bookmark it for quicker access

No chance to make this the default view? 
I never want to see the forum in another way.

• Staff

Of course, I can't say I've used the streams much so please do :)

Unfortunately not, but like I mentioned a bookmark is probably the best workaround for this!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

With condensed view set at the top of the page it looks very similar, albeit with tags included. Unfortunately this is as condensed as the list allows.
image.thumb.png.f936bdfebb38741b301ec3a6f5578270.png

Please note -

Many thanks!