You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Trial License immediately expired.

Hello,

I wanted to try the Affinity Photo Product, but the trial license for Affinity Photo is immediately expired, so can't use the program.

Downloaded it from: https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/signup/trial/photo/

Tried to change the date, maybe that did something with the validation, but no luck. Can't get the program starting.

However Affinity Designer is working great, so the problem has to be with Affinity Photo.

Best Regards,

Maurice

• Staff

Hi MrC and Welcome to the Forums,

The trials are limited to 10 days and this will begin when the app is opened for the first time. Have you had the trial installed previously at all? Unfortunately it is not possible for us to extend/renew a trial, I would suggest downloading it on another machine (if you have access to one). 

It's certainly possible that changing the time and date settings caused the trial to expire before you had chance to use it.

11 hours ago, stokerg said:

It's certainly possible that changing the time and date settings caused the trial to expire before you had chance to use it.

I would be very surprised if it did not, because otherwise it would be far too easy for unscrupulous users to keep changing the data/time system setting to avoid buying the app when the trial expired.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, R C-R said:

I would be very surprised if it did not, because otherwise it would be far too easy for unscrupulous users to keep changing the data/time system setting to avoid buying the app when the trial expired.

I know, if that was the problem it would be far to easy to exploit the trial. I can't use it on another machine, because this is my work laptop. BTW, I did the date change after I got the error that my trial was expired.

I also cleared my whole registery with everything containing Affinity in it and clear AppData and ProgramData, without any success. Wanted to give it a try, because Affinity Photo looks like a real competitor to Photoshop. Maybe I will just buy it to see if it is any good :)

1 hour ago, MrC said:

I also cleared my whole registery with everything containing Affinity in it and clear AppData and ProgramData, without any success. Wanted to give it a try, because Affinity Photo looks like a real competitor to Photoshop. Maybe I will just buy it to see if it is any good :)

Since you’re obviously a Windows user, you’ll be reassured to know that Serif offers an unconditional 14-day money back guarantee.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Since you’re obviously a Windows user, you’ll be reassured to know that Serif offers an unconditional 14-day money back guarantee.

But it may be worth mentioning that one should buy from the Serif Affinity Store, not the the Windows Store, to be sure of being able to get the refund.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1