You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

worked first time I did it but now cant get the tapered ends anymore did exactly as the photo clicked pressure on the stoke table and pressure on the controller pad next to blend mode but the ends are still rounded … please help … I want them to be very pointy like the video shows … when using a smaller width the lines thin but when I get up to around 3.5 and up the lines blob

lines.jpg

Usually,thick ends means the pressure curve isn’t all the way to the bottom. On thin lines, it won’t be noticeable, but on thicker ones apparent.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

You've clicked on properties haven't you ;) come on confess :P

Select one of the stubby lines and click properties on the stroke panel, then move the Size Variance to 100% and the line should sharpen up, If you now draw another line the the size variance will also drop to 0% again but the line will stay sharp (pointy) not sure whether its supposed to do that or its a bug.

1434019131_Oddlinecreation.thumb.gif.f644619fa446fb95f5deeab36181d976.gif

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

6 hours ago, firstdefence said:

... not sure whether its supposed to do that or its a bug.

I think that is the way it is intended to work, but I am not sure about that. The confusing part for me was that the same properties panel is used for a selected item (when the panel is titled "Brush - Selection") & when nothing is selected (when the panel is titled "Brush - Document Defaults"), & also used when double-clicking on a brush in the Brushes panel (when the panel is titled "Brush - Editing [name of brush]").

The rest of it, like having to change the Size Variance or the pressure curve to have an effect, seems to be because whatever size variance the brush is set to use when drawing with it takes precedence over any curve in the Pressure graph, so users have to override that with the Size Variance slider if they want to change that, if that makes any sense.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

@R C-R Did you notice that initially all I did was click on the Size Variance I didn't actually move it and it stayed at 0% but the pencil stroke did change, this bit I get, and it required the Size Variance slider to be moved to 100% to describe the tapering, also the Preview does not represent what is being drawn as it defaults to the 0% Pencil Stoke but the pencil is drawing a 100% Size Variance stroke.

At best this is confusing and inconsistent feedback to the artist/designer and it looks like it needs some work.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I really would love to have this "designer-persona" inside photo. For lets say for 80% of the designer-price (cause the pixel-persona i already own). 

But i do not want 2 separate apps and i do not wont pay twice. 

This vector-brush???? is amazing. 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Hey! Polygonius,

7 hours ago, Polygonius said:

This vector-brush???? is amazing. 

Doomed, you are. Does w. iPencil,  pencil an' vector brush in Designer it can :

Pencil.jpg.abd952b10779260cf08fdcbc214381d9.jpg

:77_alien:

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet