You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iOS designer does not export correctly if image is resized

I was thrilled to see designer come to the iPad. Generally I like it but am  encountering a critical fail.  When I use export to share my image and rescale it there (with the ratios locked), Designer squashes the image into an unusable perspective.  When I try to use the export persona,  I find that it  does not allow   specifying pixel width or height as it does on the Mac. 

Whether I choose to save the file somewhere or email it the ratio is still problematic  

CEBBA7A4-2488-4EC4-BA49-955F03234A78.png

• Staff

Hi gregspiral,

Can you upload the .afdesign file for the file in question, attach it here if it's not too large or upload it to our Dropbox here

What dimensions are you entering and if you tap on the Document menu in Designer and tap Resize, enter the same values here, how does the image appear after being resized?

Attached is the original .afdesign file as well as its export from iOS Designer. There are two art boards, and I'm choosing to export the original art board at a width of 1000 pixels with ratio locked. iOS Designer miscalculates the ratio and makes the corresponding height 615 pixels. On my Mac, Designer properly calculates the height as 1294 exports the image correctly. The upload to this thread seems to stall. So I've dropped the file in your dropbox. It's called ChopinPoster.afdesign and comes from greg******@**.com

Also, the resizing from the document menu would resize both artboards, so that isn't a clear comparison. Nor do I want to reduce resolution in the original file. This has a couple rasterized layers that I don't want to degrade and then scale up. 

Chopin_iOSexport.png

ChopinPoster_macExport.png

• Staff

Hi Greg,

Just to update you.  I've got the file and have passed it onto the QA team to investigate.  On the plus side, if you delete the 2nd artboard, everything works as expected and you get the same values as on the Desktop.

Hopefully i'll know more tomorrow and if you need the export in a hurry, then copy and paste the 2nd artboard to a new document, delete it from the original and export both files independently :) 

Thanks for the follow up. Since I  can work on my Mac it is easy enough for me to send a draft to the pianist without feeling constrained by the iOS version.  So it’s not a critical issue for me now. At some point when I’m traveling and working solely off the iPad then this would be more problematic.