Cloud-Yo!

[Fixed] Major Glitch on affinity Designer

Ive had this happen twice already.  As I am working in designer, Ill be controlling a node or changing a gradient and the screen will begin to flicker in the worst way.  The quintessential "glitch" look of random pixel noise as if the graphics card was fried.  I am concerned this will eventually harm my Ipad.  There doesnt seem to be a specific action that causes this.  

Im curious to know if anyone else has encountered this.

Im working on the new Ipad 12.9

I encountered this last night. I closed the document and rebooted my iPad. Wasn't sure what to make of it, but it seems likely to be due to Designer... I'm on the original iPad 12.9 iOS 11.4.1

I caught it again, this time with a screen cap..please help..this does not look right..and if this risks damaging my ipad Im going to be very upset. This has only ever happened in AD. I have been using my ipad daily for work since I got it and only now when using AD did it glitch out like this.

IMG_0151.thumb.JPG.4c0de06c59a864c3848b517937e9f3b9.JPGIMG_0150.thumb.JPG.697160aaa90a078ea72d75b4db278fb6.JPG

This really does look like a hardware presentation issue - either on our side, or Apple's side... I'll look into it, but as to whether it can damage your iPad, I'm going to categorically say it won't - Apple would not allow software to kill your hardware - if things get too warm (which is the only bad thing software could do to your hardware) then the CPU/GPUs will just throttle back and it will cool down.

I haven't been able to download any of the sample projects.  I wanted to see the layer count and way the app was used for optimization.  I worry that I'm working with too many layers.  I did try to keep an eye out for overheating..nothing technical, just touching the device to see if it was hot, but it wasn't ever hotter than normal.  Please advise me if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot and help out. I should add that some layers are masked into others and im using various blending modes. 

Im truly in love with your application, but this problem does make me concerned.

thank you.

Hi Cloud-Yo!

Seriously, there's nothing to be concerned about - no harm will come to anything, it's just a software error either on our part or Apple's. Either way, I have to make some changes to the hardware rendering support and I think it might simultaneously fix this problem by calling different functions, so hopefully this issue will go away soon.

Many thanks,
Matt

I truly appreciate your team's rapid response and action.  I'm certain you guys will squash it soon!  I've been working on AD for 3 days straight now and it's like a drug...the good kind :P

THanks again!