Mithferion

Hi there!

Well, I was comissioned to design a tattoo, with the following requirements:

• It's going to be placed in the inner forearm
  • It has to be colorfoul, like with a watercolor effect
  • Tribal style was allowed as an option
  • It had to have the legend "je t'aime"
  • The wolf is the main thing in the tattoo

So, with that in mind, this was what I came up with. I drew it on paper, then I made the vector version in Designer. I used the DAUB Digital Watercolor brush for the colors (one of my favorites, by @paolo.limoncelli). The legend is written with Alex Brush font.

05_Colores_Vector.png

It still needs to be reviewed by the tattooist, so changes might be made... what do you think?

Best regards!

Nice design (from someone who doesn't know anything about tattoos) xD

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Looks nice to me. My daughter does tattoos, as well as traditional arts, and has been doing the "watercolor" style tattoos for a couple of years. They are currently fairly popular, but she does advise her clients that they tend to fade away faster than traditional line art. I just spent some time looking at pics of my daughter's work, and her husband's, and it appears that while very fine lines can be made, they never finish quite as sharp as what you did w. some of the line art. Also, I think they both sometimes put their designs on a kind of paper that transfers the image to the clients skin.  Hopefully the chosen artist has sufficient skill, and equipment to pull it off.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

57 minutes ago, gdenby said:

Looks nice to me. My daughter does tattoos, as well as traditional arts, and has been doing the "watercolor" style tattoos for a couple of years. They are currently fairly popular, but she does advise her clients that they tend to fade away faster than traditional line art.

Good thing to keep in mind. I have a question: do the clients come back to remark the watercolor part? Like some kind of maintenance?

57 minutes ago, gdenby said:

. I just spent some time looking at pics of my daughter's work, and her husband's, and it appears that while very fine lines can be made, they never finish quite as sharp as what you did w. some of the line art.

I have a rougher version, the one I made on paper. I will send that to the tattoist as well, and I hope we can talk in order to refine the design.

Best regards!

3 hours ago, Mithferion said:

Good thing to keep in mind. I have a question: do the clients come back to remark the watercolor part? Like some kind of maintenance?

The style is fairly new, so I don't know that she has had anyone come back for a refresh, but she has refreshed other colored works. I have no idea about what pigments are used for color, but even dense solid patches appear faded after 5 years. At a recent family meal, I heard her and her younger brother talking about maintenance on an all color  work she did on him about 6 years ago.

I don't think either my daughter or son-in-law are yet doing all their work straight from computer, tho' I know my daughter is working on it. So providing the original paper work is probably a good idea.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Thanks again for your comments. As you can see, I am kind of unfamiliar with tattoes.

Best regards!