alittlelime

Importing styles affinity designer

When I attempt to export styles it shows as a .afstyle file on my mac but when I try to import to AD on ipad it shows up as a greyed out folder which cannot be opened.

When I go to files to open to inspect it, after downloading it shows up as a folded page icon with a folder which, when opened displays: 

style title

data 

I've tried to export a few different style groups with the same issue. Also attempted to airdrop and run it through another cloud storage and email it to myself. All convert the file from .afstyle file to data file that I cannot open.

No idea if this is a bug or a problem unique to my set up or permissions. I haven't had any issue exporting/importing brushes, artwork or assets.

I've also noticed if I export styles on the ipad they show up us the same type of file that I cannot open with the app.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Helen

Tried just now by downloading a style set and importing into Designer. Greyed out if on iPad but visible and able to install after moving file to Dropbox.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi alittlelime,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
These are known issues. Currently this only works when using iCloud and Dropbox. Out of curiosity, what other clouds services have you tried?

Opening directly from e-mail or using Airdrop also does't work at the moment. I've bumped our report and added a link to this tread for reference.
Thanks for your support.

23 hours ago, MEB said:

Currently this only works when using iCloud and Dropbox. Out of curiosity, what other clouds services have you tried?

Box, Dropbox and iCloud Drive all seem to work fine for importing styles into AD on iPad here.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

I've tried with iCloud several times but no go unfortunately. OneDrive is the other cloud service I've tried. I don't have Dropbox but will download and give it a go. 

Thanks

Helen

update......same issue in  Dropbox - the file is greyed out. I will try again down the track. I’m using an iPad Pro 10.5 if this is of any help.

I recall a similar issue with Dropbox when Photo was first released. The solution for me in that instance was to open Dropbox go to a Settings and reset the cache. Might be worth a try?

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi alittlelime,
Are you sure you are trying to import the .afstyle file and not a zip (compressed file) on the iPad? Files app on iPad is not able to uncompress zip files as the Mac (they will appear greyed out when you try to import them from Affinity Designer or Photo for iPad), so you must uncompress them first. Can you please take a screenshot of the Files app screen when you try to import the .afstyle file so we can see what's going on?

Here’s how it shows up when I try to import. No issues with export/import of brushes, assets or files using the same method. I drop into iCloud/Dropbox on Mac as an .afstyle file. Not sure whether it is relevant but all other exported items have shown up with affinity logo as a thumbnail but the styles files do not.

thanks

Helen

4FFF4C32-064D-4E06-A531-0E0D82532BCE.jpeg

Hi, good evening MEB.

I just did the second update for Affinity Design and again, it is impossible to import styles. Am I going to be abble to import styles wihotut buying and installing Affity Photo?. Is there another way to install styles?, Am I doing something wrong?, Do I have to create anothe threat on this matter?.

Thanks.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, Titinicus said:

Hi, good evening MEB.

I just did the second update for Affinity Design and again, it is impossible to import styles. Am I going to be abble to import styles wihotut buying and installing Affity Photo?. Is there another way to install styles?, Am I doing something wrong?, Do I have to create anothe threat on this matter?.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. I bought Affinity Photo solely to be able to import styles into Affinity Designer, but it is still not working. For the record, I have tried using iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive. My styles show up greyed out.

Hello,

I have also both installed - Affinity Photo and Designer for iPad. But I cannot import the .afstyles files, neither in Photo nor in Designer. The files also don't have a file icon.

I tried it with iCloud, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive and on the iPad itself.

"Try to make the world a better place. Look inside yourself and recognize that change starts with you. It starts with me. It starts with all of us." --Judy Hopps :209_rabbit:

I would like to flag this up too. Even simple styles created on the iPad cannot be imported back, no matter where the file is stored, but they can be imported into the desktop version. Great feature, hope it's fixed soon.

Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem with importing styles in designer for iPad. I recently factory reset my iPad due to storage issues and was able to download all types of styles before. Before I did the factory reset I exported all of them to iCloud and drive and Dropbox just to be on the safe side. After the reset I downloaded designer and now the files are greyed out. Please help!! I’ve made tons of styles I need!! I don’t understand how I could import them before and not now???  Really thinking about doing another factory reset and letting it download the backup I created and see if that will fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advance!!

Edited by Carliemakesthings

I am having the same issue with styles that I just purchased. They are greyed out in Dropbox and Box as well. It's not possible for me to get them working on the ipad. Is there a solution to the problem yet?