R C-R

Affinity Designer iCloud Drive folder missing on Mac

Honestly, I don't know if this is a bug in Designer iPad, some dumb thing I have done, or what but compare these 2 screenshots, the first from the Files app on my iPad & the second from my Mac's Finder:

197628064_iPadiCloudDrive.jpeg.27301f14a9e939804ac3c8b2021a6d79.jpeg

213071824_FinderiCloudDrive.jpg.814266ce46de023576feb5d2ba75daef.jpg

Each of the 3 folders have the same files when opened either in Files.app on the iPad or in Finder, including the badged Affinity Photo folder that for some reason is not showing the number of items in it in the Finder view. I am reasonably sure they really are the same because if I change the file name either on the Mac or on the iPad, that name is updated on the other device within a few seconds. The same is true for the date modified info if I edit the file on either device.

Another strange thing, & possibly a clue about the above, is that on the iPad Affinity Designer Home screen if I tap on 'Open From Cloud' & navigate to the badged Affinity Designer folder, either of the files in it open for editing as expected. However, from the Files app if I go to the same folder & tap on either file, all I get is a full screen preview with a "Done" & the Share options. For the badged Affinity Photo folder, from the Files app tapping on a file opens it in in Photo. That is what I expected to happen with the Designer folder too, so I do not understand why they behave differently.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi R C-R, 
Did you solve this by turning iCloud Off and then back On on your Mac?

As I just mentioned about an hour ago here, I eventually solved this by changing an obscure System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive option, which I forgot I had set for some dumb reason I though made sense at the time when I first bought Affinity Designer for iPad. So it was just user error, not a bug. :$

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1