You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.5.119

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when dragging artboards

• Fixed floating window panels to remember their width as well as height

• Fixed Colour Picker shortcut not working with Surface Pen 

• Improved performance of shutdown 

• Fixed Leading Override (Character panel) and Paragraph Leading (Paragraph panel) key modifier inconsistencies

• Fixed empty gap at the bottom of the font size dropdown 

• Fixed crash when we can't identify any font families in a font 

• Fixed Pen point being placed when panning with spacebar 

• Added missing "Scrubby Zoom"

• Fixes included in the 1.6.5.112 AD customer beta

I've tried to install this beta, and after the installer says "Preparing" it next says "Setup Failed". I have made sure that Affinity Designer and Affinity Designer Beta are not running. I get the exact same failure trying to install the .119 beta of Affinity Photo. I have downloaded twice in case there was a problem of some sort with the download.

Suggestions?

[Edit: Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the new beta.]

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I've tried to install this beta, and after the installer says "Preparing" it next says "Setup Failed". I have made sure that Affinity Designer and Affinity Designer Beta are not running. I get the exact same failure trying to install the .119 beta of Affinity Photo. I have downloaded twice in case there was a problem of some sort with the download.

Suggestions?

[Edit: Sorry, forgot to say thanks for the new beta.]

Rebooting the PC seems to have allowed the successful installation of both applications. [Edit: That has not been necessary for prior betas, in my experience.]

[Edit 2: when I finally found the log from the earlier installation attempt, it claimed there was an interruped installation of Adobe Acrobat Reader that needed to be resumed or canceled. Presumably the reboot took care of that.]

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Installed and running. Thank you

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Thanks... Installed Ok!:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

13 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Leading Override (Character panel) and Paragraph Leading (Paragraph panel) key modifier inconsistencies

Hi @Mark Ingram just want to make sure, is there another beta version than 1.6.5.119? 

Just want to make sure I have the last beta and do more test work/projects with it. 

Also...  Fonts loading is faster with beta 1.6.5.119 and it shut very fast too (impressive for a design software) , still I really request for improved font loading on finall/retail version. 

Blessings. 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff
4 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

just want to make sure, is there another beta version than 1.6.5.119?

Yes, this is the latest at the moment. Whichever thread is pinned at the top of the beta forum has a link to the latest beta build. 

Also we tend to overwrite the beta installer on our server, so even if a customer found an old thread in this forum the link would still be to the latest build. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Yes, this is the latest at the moment. Whichever thread is pinned at the top of the beta forum has a link to the latest beta build. 

Also we tend to overwrite the beta installer on our server, so even if a customer found an old thread in this forum the link would still be to the latest build. 

thank you so much @Patrick Connor

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

On 7/16/2018 at 1:52 AM, mesbahworld said:

Can't install . After double click nothing showing on the display !!

Sometimes it helps to restart the computer and try again. But I did not have a problem to install with this beta version.
You also could download a second time in case something went wrong.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Did my comments get moderated out again?

Why? I was about to give him support information. I do not believe  I violated any guidelind

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

7 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Did my comments get moderated out again?

Why? I was about to give him support information. I do not believe  I violated any guidelind

Perhaps you're thinking of your comment to this other thread

-- Walt
PC:

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps you're thinking of your comment to this other thread

Perhaps. Thanks for the correction

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

On 7/15/2018 at 9:16 AM, Arnaud Mez said:

Hi @Mark Ingram just want to make sure, is there another beta version than 1.6.5.119? 

Just want to make sure I have the last beta and do more test work/projects with it. 

Also...  Fonts loading is faster with beta 1.6.5.119 and it shut very fast too (impressive for a design software) , still I really request for improved font loading on finall/retail version. 

Blessings. 

I try this beta version there are still not fix slow loading fonts on startup problem.

Hello, 

Personally, i test Affinity Beta on my MS Windows machine.
That laptop is old and powered with an Intel 4 series Express Chipset as display adapter and i only have 246 fonts installed on it ... and ... loads quite well but faster than my Mac version of the software (with close to 4247 fonts installed) ... :D

Well ! I know someone here will say it's too much fonts but ... to be honest, one of the thing that made me move from Ai is the fact that i wanted my work on fonts to be Non-Destructive and even portative from this env. to that other one (Mac-to-Win); i'm not really okay with fonts outline/curve for now so until i become okay ... i better keep as much fonts locally installed and ask for improvement on software.
i believe this: A software that can load 4247 fonts very fast will be even faster in a PC/Laptop with less fonts (i know, this is strong words and fonts are not everything but at least it's a good beginning to consider).
Affinity Products offers me the kind of Non-Destructive work i wanted ... Not everything i wanted but 1/4 of it, which is not bad but a good thing (i'm really demanding sometime so forgive here ... 9_9) ... with ADesigner, no need for me to outline/curve the fonts while working but just remember to tweak the PDF output and make it raster/embed stuffs and wait patiently to see my project/work okay on the other side ... and that increases the pleasure.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

2 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

and i only have 246 fonts installed on it ... and ... loads quite well but faster than my Mac version of the software (with close to 4247 fonts installed) ... :D

Hi @Arnaud Mez,

I think one can never have too many fonts :)

This is why I decided to use a font manager that allows me to keep a basic set of about 650 fonts always active and have access to more than 10000 fonts in the library. This doesn't slow down the computer or the start of software.

I also find it more convenient to browse and search for fonts in the font manager software, which is much more sophisticated in displaying font lists than any of the graphic programs.

I personally use Main Type but there is also a free font manager called Nexus Font.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

18 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @Arnaud Mez,

This is why I decided to use a font manager that allows me to keep a basic set of about 650 fonts always active and have access to more than 10000 fonts in the library. This doesn't slow down the computer or the start of software.

I also find it more convenient to browse and search for fonts in the font manager software, which is much more sophisticated in displaying font lists than any of the graphic programs.

I personally use Main Type but there is also a free font manager called Nexus Font.

Cheers,
d.

thanks @dominik but it runs on windows only when most of my task are made on my MacBook.
But thanks i will install on my windows box, who knows when it will help.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Just now, Arnaud Mez said:

thanks @dominik but it runs on windows only when most of my task are made on my MacBook.
But thanks i will install on my windows box, who knows when it will help.

Hi @Arnaud Mez,

there are of course font managers for the Mac. I'm just not familiar with them since I am on Windows only (apart from the iPad).

Cheers,
d.

31 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @Arnaud Mez,

Cheers,
d.

Amen and a +1 for Nexus Font. Want to work on Christmas cards right now? Load Nexus, then load the Christmas fonts and thee they are in any windows program

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

29 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hi @Arnaud Mez,

there are of course font managers for the Mac. I'm just not familiar with them since I am on Windows only (apart from the iPad).

Cheers,
d.

i've found Fontbase, it's free and cross platform.
giving it a try now.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

10 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

i've found Fontbase, it's free and cross platform.

I didn't know this one. Interesting find :)

Thanks for the tip.
d.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Fixes

My first impression to the last Beta.
Loads faster than previous 1.6.5.112 version.
interface is more reactive.
Snapping is even better than previous version.
Bleeds cannot be seen yet (maybe there is a way to do this and i just don't know how to do it).

For now it seems to work very well, i will give it a try with coming project and revert back here to tell what i've seen.
Blessings.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• 3 weeks later...