SarahT

Colour picker bug

In both Designer and Photo, picking a colour with the colour picker works fine with a finger, but is unreliable with the pencil.

Sometimes it’s fine, sometimes I hold my pencil over the colour and it eventually fills the outer circle, and sometimes I hold it as long as I can and the outer circle never fills.

Also, sometimes the colour picker circle gets stuck, as you can see in the screenshots.

When it does, it will be there in every file I open, but not on the home screen. The only way to get rid of it is to force-quit the app.

24D20A92-F476-462D-B9C1-660B977F2654.png

148F44CE-F925-435E-8F71-17950DEB9504.png

8 hours ago, SarahT said:

Also, sometimes the colour picker circle gets stuck, as you can see in the screenshots.

I reported the same thing yesterday in the  [AD] Color Picker loupe stuck on screen topic. It happens every time a gesture causes the Dock to pop up while the color picker loupe is in use.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Hi SarahT

Are you using the colour picker from the colour studio or the colour picker tool from the toolbar? There is a known issue with the one from the colour studio being offset so this may be what you are experiencing in your first post. As R C-R mentioned the loupe sticking on screen is also a known issue

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Update 1.6.11.85 strange behaviour with colour picker (tool bar). Pencil pressure (press and hold) no colour selection till pencil is moved. Press and hold release and press again causes a blue circle to appear in top left corner of screen. Press and hold pencil (nothing happens) and touch screen somewhere else brought up colour picker wher finger touched screen. 

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?