You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer and Photo brush engines

I’ve been using Photo for some time as my primary illustration and drawing tool. I always felt that the brush engine was not top notch, but I kept going because of the completeness and power of the app. I bought Designer for iPad right after it was published and was positively surprised that the brush engine for the pixel persona felt snappier than the one in Photo. I would like to assume that this upgraded experience is coming to Photo, too :) 

I would also love to see a much improved brush speed on the desktop. It is strange, but brush strokes feel most sluggish on my Windows workstation, though in theory it should be up to four times faster - according to geekbench comparisons between the A10x and a Xeon E5-2680 v2. Affinity tells me that the brush engine is CPU bound, so I hope it can tap into all cores for best speed.

I'd love any extra love on the brush engines (specially on Windows) and some other painting related matters.  :)   [ hint : my sig... ]

And yep, its completeness makes it a possible competitor with very advanced painting software applications, even with some basic fixes (but almost 100% sure, very hard to do, and/or, long to implement) to the brush engine, and zero extra candy features that one can see in those specialized painters. All you need is a responsive, fast brush engine with no lag in painting and (alt) color picker, and then it easily defeats (for the pros) any specialized painting tool out there... Just like PS (in good hands) does it, too....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.