You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer newb

Hello World. A new user of Designer coming from the Illustrator universe. So far I'm liking it. Also bought the Workbook. I also like the way it is thought out and designed. Following a work-flow is similar to how I learn a new tool. I learn on a 'need-to-know' basis -- I 'need to know' how to do 'this', so that is what I concentrate on. Unfortunately this leaves gaps in my knowledge acquisition. The examples in the book are well-chosen as they cover most if not all the situations and tools. Good work folks and thank you eh! (Yeah I'm Canadian). Especially like the SVG export results - not a lot of verbiage.

Sorry, posted this to the wrong forum.

Edited by Trudge
Wrong forum.

• 2 weeks later...

I am like you ... coming from ai! At the beginning I was using both apps working in ai if i wanted to be on the safe side, but day after day I found my self using ad more and move and found my self using sortcuts and stuff like before to the point I forgot I switched to a new app!!! The iPad version helps a lot to understand the slightly different way ad works! The same happened with ap and photoshop!