Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sgshhsh

Quick Pinch to fill the screen gesture

Recommended Posts

I'm playing with Affinity Designer on my iPad for the whole day, and the most thing I'm missing (I'm coming from Procreate) is quick pinch gesture to fill the screen. This is especially handy when the canvas is rotated. I found it very annoying going to navigator, then taping the circle and inputing the rotation value and then clicking OK. One simple gesture would save us lots of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hiro Hamada said:

found it very annoying going to navigator, then taping the circle and inputing the rotation value and then clicking OK. O

If in Navigator, just double tap the image in the navigator screen to fill the screen. In layers just double tap the layer icon to fill screen, Otherwise just use  two fingers to spread and zoom screen.

Edit. On rereading it seems you are more referring to resetting the canvas rotation. Not currently aware of a quick way to do that other than manually rotating it again.


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DM1 said:

If in Navigator, just double tap the image in the navigator screen to fill the screen. In layers just double tap the layer icon to fill screen, Otherwise just use  two fingers to spread and zoom screen.

Edit. On rereading it seems you are more referring to resetting the canvas rotation. Not currently aware of a quick way to do that other than manually rotating it again.

Open the Navigator, double-tap, close the Navigator - sorry that's WAAAAY too slow (esp. when you compare it to the pinch gesture in Procreate).

Also, with the pinch gesture you can toggle between "Fit to screen" and the current view. When zooming out the rotation will also be reset to the nearest horizontal.

If you don't like the pinch gesture, what about a double tap on the Navigator icon (Fit to screen & reset rotation - and back) or a swipe gesture on it? The current zooming with the Navigator button really doesn't make any sense.

A double tap on the Layer icon could zoom in on the currently selected layer (and back to the last view)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, blue_heron said:

A double tap on the Layer icon could zoom in on the currently selected layer (and back to the last view)

I like that idea. I agree Designer needs a method/gesture to get back to previous view in layers.

With the pinch gesture how do you differentiate between zooming out (which is what pinching currently does)?

 

40 minutes ago, blue_heron said:

what about a double tap on the Navigator ico

 

Problem with that is a tap opens the Nav menu. :(

40 minutes ago, blue_heron said:

or a swipe gesture on it? The current zooming with the Navigator button really doesn't make any sense.

Swipe gesture on navigator to toggle current view and full screen. That would be far more useful than the current limited zoom range that is occurring when already zoomed right in on an object.


IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DM1 said:

With the pinch gesture how do you differentiate between zooming out (which is what pinching currently does)?

Double tap on the Navigator: Problem with that is a tap opens the Nav menu. :(

The pinch gesture in Procreate is a quick "pinch+lift" gesture that needs some practice. Once you learned it it is really handy. (video @1:38)

 

Double tap vs. tap: Its no problem to have both a single tap and a double tap on the same control (like you select a file with a single mouse click and open with a double click).

Downside is that there would be a small delay when the system waits if there comes a second click/tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.