leb050

Affinity Designer iPad - iCloud Storage Icon Issue

Hello

I have noticed an issue with the new Affinity Designer ipad App icon when it is using icloud Storage

on a iOS device, going to Settings, click [your-name], AppleID, iCloud, iTunes & AppStore, then under the iCloud
a list of apps that are using iCloud Storage, on my iPad Pro Gen1 12.9", where I have both Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer install, both appearing in their correct icon, see 1st example below

But if you click Manage Storage, you will see 2 Affinity Photo Documents and Data icon, when I examine the files included, one is for Designer and the other is for Photo, but when you view the list of iCloud Storage [any iOS device, including the one with Affinity installed, iCloud Web and also through the iCloud for Windows extension], you will always see 2 identical Affinity Photos, never a separate one for Designer, see example 2

Also an extra note, the only place I see the Affinity Designer icon, is if I go on to the files app from iOS device with Affinity installed. Any other iOS device, it will be the Photos icon, buy says "Affinity Designer"

Hope this information, and if you need any further information don't hesitate to ask

Many Thanks

IMG_2178.PNG

IMG_2179.PNG

1 hour ago, leb050 said:

But if you click Manage Storage, you will see 2 Affinity Photo Documents and Data icon, when I examine the files included, one is for Designer and the other is for Photo ...

I see the same thing on my 2018 iPad non-pro model in Manage Storage. 

1 hour ago, leb050 said:

but when you view the list of iCloud Storage [any iOS device, including the one with Affinity installed, iCloud Web and also through the iCloud for Windows extension], you will always see 2 identical Affinity Photos, never a separate one for Designer ...

I am not sure what you mean by "iCloud Storage," but if it is iCloud Drive I do not see 2 identical Affinity Photos. I see one for each app, correctly badged, plus one I have created named "Affinity Stuff" for things I want available to any app:

What the File.app on my iPad shows for iCloud Drive:

1274694079_iDriveinapp.thumb.jpeg.de2bd79ac76b6af74c01dda4fd32993b.jpeg

What the web browser interface shows for  iCloud Drive:

344787748_iDriveweb.jpg.bff8fe349e45a2a979c5195d143fdeaf.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.7.76 & Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 11.4.1

Hello

on the iOS device, goto Settings, the very top option, would say AppleID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store, click this, then select iCloud, under Payment & Shipping

you'll see how much icloud storage you have, just above the "Apps using iCloud", there is an option "Manage Storage", this is where I get 2 Affinity Photo icons

also, this is what my iCloud browser looks like, can't seem to change it

iCloudDrive.jpg

43 minutes ago, leb050 said:

on the iOS device, goto Settings, the very top option, would say AppleID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store, click this, then select iCloud, under Payment & Shipping

At Settings > Apple ID > iCloud I do not have an "iTunes & App Store" item. There is a separate "iTunes & App Store" item in Settings, & a "Payment & Shipping" item at Settings > Apple ID, but neither of these show the amount of iCloud storage I am using.

As I said, I do have a separate "Manage Storage" item at Settings > Apple ID > iCloud (the second item from the top, just below the bar graph) & this is where I see the two folders both badged with the Photo logo but one really for Designer, just like in your second screenshot.

EDIT: what version of iOS are you using?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.7.76 & Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 11.4.1

1 minute ago, leb050 said:

iOS version is 11.4.1

That is the same one I am using, so I do not understand why you have a Settings > AppleID > iCloud > iTunes & App Store item & I do not. Are you sure that is how you got to the iTunes & App Store item?

22 minutes ago, leb050 said:

This is the view I see for my iCloud Settings

Yes, that is what I see as well. But I do not see an "iTunes & App Store" item on that, the "iCloud" screen, which is what I thought you were saying you saw at AppleID > iCloud. Tapping the circled "Manage Storage" item on that screen is where I see the "iCloud Storage" screen & the two folders with Photo badges. If that is what you see on that screen then we are seeing the same thing.

Where we apparently are not seeing the same thing is in the web browser interface, like in your screenshot in this earlier post. What I see is the second screenshot in my earlier post here.

Hello

apart from the iCloud Settings confusion apart, you mentioned in your last post, that you see 2 Affinity Photo badges, this is obviously a bug I am describing, as you shouldn't see two, isn't one suppose to for Affinity Designer, so you can tell the 2 apart?

IMG_2179.PNG

5 minutes ago, leb050 said:

apart from the iCloud Settings confusion apart, you mentioned in your last post, that you see 2 Affinity Photo badges, this is obviously a bug I am describing, as you shouldn't see two, isn't one suppose to for Affinity Designer, so you can tell the 2 apart?

Yes, it seems to be a bug, but because it occurs in the Apple-supplied Settings app, I am not sure if the bug is in Affinity Designer for iPad, in that app, or in how the two apps interact. Maybe the fact that both apps are capable (on the desktop versions) of opening files with either the .afphoto or .afdesign file extensions has something to do with it, but that is just a guess.

That is why I wondered why we see different iCloud Settings results.

Ok, understand, but its really confusing, I have tested it and researched this iCloud badge name thing, its just this Affinity Photo naming has got to be coming from the app, not within files App, I don't understand while having apps that do share common functionality, there iCloud use is identical, so there has to be a way to separate these apart

afphoto is photo and afdesign is designer

3 minutes ago, leb050 said:

Ok, understand, but its really confusing, I have tested it and researched this iCloud badge name thing, its just this Affinity Photo naming has got to be coming from the app, not within files App, I don't understand while having apps that do share common functionality, there iCloud use is identical, so there has to be a way to separate these apart

afphoto is photo and afdesign is designer

Their iCloud use is not identical -- in the Files app > iCloud Drive screen you should see that there are separate, correctly badged folders for each app. The apps do share more than common functionality: each app can (on the desktop versions) directly open files that have the other app's filetype extension & save back to that same filetype extension.

7 hours ago, R C-R said:

Yes, that is what I see as well. But I do not see an "iTunes & App Store" item on that, the "iCloud" screen, which is what I thought you were saying you saw at AppleID > iCloud. Tapping the circled "Manage Storage" item on that screen is where I see the "iCloud Storage" screen & the two folders with Photo badges. If that is what you see on that screen then we are seeing the same thing.

Where we apparently are not seeing the same thing is in the web browser interface, like in your screenshot in this earlier post. What I see is the second screenshot in my earlier post here.

Yes correct in the files app, but they are both identically identified as Affinity Photos when viewed in the iCloud Storage settings view, just because its ok, in the files app, but not in the icloud settings storage can't be ignore, if you ever have to restore the icloud storage, they are both identical and can't be separated, as detailed in the screen shot below , so you'll be looking at Affinity Photo and Affinity Photo

show me your view of the icloud storage, and not through the files app or web browser, there are other ways of seeing this information, and should be not ignored when they are incorrect

IMG_2179.PNG

... just because its ok, in the files app, but not in the icloud settings storage can't be ignore ...

I am not ignoring that or anything else about this. I am just saying it is odd that only in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage do I see this.You have said several times that the path in the Setting app for you is through "AppleID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store" but only the above path shows that for me. I would really like clarification on that, since it suggests our Settings apps are working differently.

8 minutes ago, leb050 said:

show me your view of the icloud storage, and not through the files app or web browser, there are other ways of seeing this information, and should be not ignored when they are incorrect

What way specifically would like for me to do that? To repeat, the only place I see the two Photo badged folders is through the path I mentioned above, now in red text so there are no misunderstandings about that.

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I am not ignoring that or anything else about this. I am just saying it is odd that only in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage do I see this.You have said several times that the path in the Setting app for you is through "AppleID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store" but only the above path shows that for me. I would really like clarification on that, since it suggests our Settings apps are working differently.

What way specifically would like for me to do that? To repeat, the only place I see the two Photo badged folders is through the path I mentioned above, now in red text so there are no misunderstandings about that.

Hello

Everything above you mentioned is correct and I agree with and Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage, is the only place to see this, it has to be the app doing this, not iCloud, so this part is the bug I am trying to get mentioned, yes using the files app bypasses this problem, but this a bug / flaw in the app that needs to be addressed, and the message I am trying to get across

... it has to be the app doing this, not iCloud, so this part is the bug I am trying to get mentioned, yes using the files app bypasses this problem, but this a bug / flaw in the app that needs to be addressed ...

Yes, absolutely, this needs to be addressed, but what I have been saying is it is not completely clear in which app this bug exists (Settings or either or both Affinity apps), or if it is an interaction bug among some or all of them.