You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pre-paying for the software

In a bit of a convoluted way, yes

You'll have to download this version of iTunes that still has the App Store built in: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-60759-201803029-1F70CB08-3131-11E8-9791-31052B2AA206/iTunes12.6.4.dmg

You'll then be able to purchase Designer and it will be safely waiting in your Purchased app list on your new iPad, when you get it.

You don’t need to download the app straight away. If you purchase it now it will be available for download to your iPad at any time.

Edit: I’ve just seen a post to another thread stating that this is no longer possible with the current version of iTunes.

Edited by αℓƒяє∂

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

59 minutes ago, DeadArtist said:

I'm worried, if I install this iTunes over my iTunes, it will erase the library I've amassed.

Ah, sorry - I didn't realise it was an installer. I thought it was just the standalone app that could be run side-by-side with the mainstream iTunes. It won't overwrite your library but it might be a pain in the arse to get it back to the proper version of iTunes.

Not sure how to help here, sorry.