You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hanzz,testing the painting abilities of AP

It was great for painting.

But after some time painting( half hour to an hour ) evrything started behaving heavy, slower.

I also found that after the painting time, and after closing AP, the whole system acted up somewhat.

After restarting my iMac, everything went back to normal.

But all in all, a fun job to do.Though I have some personal troubles with the likeness, I am interested in painting some more stuff in AP.

Great work ,and congratzz to the programming team.

I intend to place all my paintings in this topic, to save up the space of the forum.

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-01%20om%2008.

Testing a newly made brush, based on the tuturial provided by PAOLO (http://www.paololimoncelli.com/bristles-for-affinity-designer/ )

Mixing goes well. This one was a caricature I started in Mischief, and abandoned.

I won't completely finish it, but it gave me the drive to do a good one very soon....

So keep an eye open on this space... ;)

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-06%20om%2018.

Wow, beautiful use of tones! I really love the texture on his skin, and the way you drew his features and their proportions is just brilliant! Keep up the awesome work and keep sharing it with us!! 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Wow! I bow down to your excellence! Now that right there is a man with some serious skills! Wow jus Wow! Amazing work Hanzz!

Yes, enjoyed seeing these Hanzz, and very well done indeed (but not anything that I want AP for  :( ).  Seems that we are a very diverse bunch indeed!

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

A few hours later.....

Just began with the detailing.This is so much fun ! (fun that will last some time........ )

The program behaves well.

Just one moment when all the memory drained in seconds.(after some 2 hours).

Restarting the program and it all went back OK. Something to keep an eye on, IMO....

As you can see in the screenshot, I save the undo history. So, when the picture is done, I can maybe share it, and everyone can roll it back to see it devellop.

EDIT: file is getting big....487MB

Schermafbeelding%202015-03-07%20om%2020.

Wow!  Major skills here.  I'm really glad that you are saving the Undo history and I hope you can share.  I think I could learn a lot by watching how you do it, step by step.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying seeing what you can do.

Great detail on his lips! Would love to see a video of your process...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

It just occurred to me: to save memory, I have set the amount of undo's to 64..... So it won't be of any use I guess to save the history ?

I thought I would save me some time with not having to record the proces ,or take screenshots every time....

Any thoughts? Is there still a way to recover these steps ?

Mayor stupidity on my behalf here...... <_<

Hmm.... not sure about getting more than the 64 steps... but yeah, it seems that will inflate the file size... the included free Quicktime app lets you record your screen as a file, which you can then accelerate / time shift / drop frames in iMovie or FCP if you have those, to get a sped up version of the video....

I found another weird thing. For safetyreasons, every so often I save to a different fil..... Fil001, fil002, etc.. Now I have 3 files sitting on my disk. I look at the first one, then the second one, and then the third...guess what ? They are all the same !!

Ehm...RonnyB.... I guess I'm a bit thick in the technical department ..... I know how to make a drawing, but the quicktime stuff.... :wacko: :blink:

I will try.......

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.