You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I notice that a beta release date of late August is being publicised. Which platform is the 1st Beta designed to work on?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

• Staff

The 1st free public beta should be released simultaneously on Mac and Windows. We are internally testing both as we speak and they are in step using parallel development

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you for the speedy reply Patrick.  Not sure if has been stated elsewhere and I had missed it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The 1st free public beta should be released simultaneously on Mac and Windows. We are internally testing both as we speak and they are in step using parallel development

This is great to read, now many peoples will have better understanding of why it took so long ... both Win and Mac !!!
Guys You rock !
Hey @Bri-Toon come check here ...

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

3 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Hey @Bri-Toon come check here ...

Reading this topic, I look forward to the release, because I know exactly what book this tool can go towards. You are obviously familiar with my videos, @Arnaud Mez, but hey it's time to change things around. I feel incomplete, and I want to give out more than just tutorial videos. I would like to make a book on a lot of my challenges and challenges of others, and Affinity Publisher sounds like the right tool to do it. It will be a very long process, maybe years, but I think it will go towards a very strong use.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

7 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

Last day of summer takes place on September 03 in 2018

Not in the northern hemisphere (which is where Serif are), the astronomical summer ends on Sunday, 23 September. 

Not that I am trying to encourage Serif to take it easy ;)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

10 hours ago, toltec said:
17 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

Last day of summer takes place on September 03 in 2018

Not in the northern hemisphere (which is where Serif are), the astronomical summer ends on Sunday, 23 September. 

Either way, it is irrelevant because they have committed to "starting a free public beta before the end of August." (See for example https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/publisher/.)

I am reasonably sure the last day of August is the same everywhere the Gregorian calendar is in use. ;)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 hours ago, R C-R said:

Either way, it is irrelevant because they have committed to "starting a free public beta before the end of August." (See for example https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/publisher/.)

I am reasonably sure the last day of August is the same everywhere the Gregorian calendar is in use. ;)

Well that is exciting!