xanderpalma

Affinity Photo does not load the interface, only a black and white screen with the tool palette

Hi
After an update of the operating system I can no longer use the Affinity photo program and the only thing that appears is a black or white screen with the only tool palette. I uninstalled and re-installed the program but it does not change. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thank you

S.O Version: Windows 10 Home 1803 Build 17134.165 64Bit
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Cattura.PNG

Hey xanderpalma, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

Do you have Duet Display installed? If so, can you try updating Duet Display to the latest version and let me know what happens?

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey xanderpalma, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

Do you have Duet Display installed? If so, can you try updating Duet Display to the latest version and let me know what happens?

Thanks!

Hi Chris
Actually I installed Duet Display which I updated to the latest version available but despite all Affinity Photo does not work. 
I have then uninstalled duet Display and everything is back to normal. I can live without Duet Display. But isn't there a way to have both software installed? 
Thank you

The advice from the developers is to have Duet Display 1.4.7.6 or later installed and it should work. What version did you have installed before you removed it?

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The advice from the developers is to have Duet Display 1.4.7.6 or later installed and it should work. What version did you have installed before you removed it?

10 hours ago, xanderpalma said:

But isn't there a way to have both software installed? 

Unfortunately some versions of Duet Display install display drivers which breaks Microsoft's WPF rendering (we use WPF for the Windows UI). The only solution is to contact the makers of Duet Display and report the issue to them.

31 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Unfortunately some versions of Duet Display install display drivers which breaks Microsoft's WPF rendering (we use WPF for the Windows UI). The only solution is to contact the makers of Duet Display and report the issue to them.

Hi 
I'il do that. Thanks again