Jump to content
xanderpalma

Affinity Photo does not load the interface, only a black and white screen with the tool palette

Recommended Posts

Hi
After an update of the operating system I can no longer use the Affinity photo program and the only thing that appears is a black or white screen with the only tool palette. I uninstalled and re-installed the program but it does not change. Does anyone know how I can fix it? Thank you

S.O Version: Windows 10 Home 1803 Build 17134.165 64Bit
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Cattura.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey xanderpalma, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

Do you have Duet Display installed? If so, can you try updating Duet Display to the latest version and let me know what happens?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey xanderpalma, welcome to the Affinity Forums. 

Do you have Duet Display installed? If so, can you try updating Duet Display to the latest version and let me know what happens?

Thanks!

Hi Chris
Actually I installed Duet Display which I updated to the latest version available but despite all Affinity Photo does not work. 
I have then uninstalled duet Display and everything is back to normal. I can live without Duet Display. But isn't there a way to have both software installed? 
Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The advice from the developers is to have Duet Display 1.4.7.6 or later installed and it should work. What version did you have installed before you removed it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The advice from the developers is to have Duet Display 1.4.7.6 or later installed and it should work. What version did you have installed before you removed it?

1.5.1.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xanderpalma said:

But isn't there a way to have both software installed? 

Unfortunately some versions of Duet Display install display drivers which breaks Microsoft's WPF rendering (we use WPF for the Windows UI). The only solution is to contact the makers of Duet Display and report the issue to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Unfortunately some versions of Duet Display install display drivers which breaks Microsoft's WPF rendering (we use WPF for the Windows UI). The only solution is to contact the makers of Duet Display and report the issue to them.

Hi 
I'il do that. Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.