You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad discount error?

Hi.  

I just got the offer to the mail where he says that there is a discount and the application for ipad costs $13.99, which at the change in euros are 11.98 €. However, when you go to buy the program, you mark me 14.99€? Could you confirm if it is a mistake or misleading advertising?

I want to buy it but with the price of the offer sent to me.

(sorry for my english)  Thank you very much.

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-12 a las 9.15.26.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-12 a las 9.31.19.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-07-12 a las 9.31.57.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Delman. :)

App Store prices are set by Apple, and they vary according to the cost of doing business in different countries. My copy of the app cost me 13.99 GBP, even though one GB pound is currently worth more than one US dollar. Tier 14 products (13.99 USD) are 14,99 € in all Eurozone countries, but the proceeds of a sale in Spain, Belgium or the Netherlands are lower than in Luxembourg.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

22 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Delman. :)

App Store prices are set by Apple, and they vary according to the cost of doing business in different countries. My copy of the app cost me 13.99 GBP, even though one GB pound is currently worth more than one US dollar. Tier 14 products (13.99 USD) are 14,99 € in all Eurozone countries, but the proceeds of a sale in Spain, Belgium or the Netherlands are lower than in Luxembourg.

I agree with you, but what should not have happened is that they sent me an email with a certain price, but a percentage of discount on the final price. It has been a marketing failure, and in my country, if a price is published in any public media, the company has the obligation to respect that price, even if it was an error.
I could demand in this case the price that they have sent me and the company should respect it, is the commercial law.

13 minutes ago, Delman said:

I agree with you, but what should not have happened is that they sent me an email with a certain price, but a percentage of discount on the final price. It has been a marketing failure, and in my country, if a price is published in any public media, the company has the obligation to respect that price, even if it was an error.
I could demand in this case the price that they have sent me and the company should respect it, is the commercial law.

And I agree with you that Serif should not have said “Buy now for only US$13.99” when they don’t have direct control over the price outside of the US! The problem here is that the company selling the product is not the company that sent you the marketing email, and Apple can’t reasonably be expected to honour an inaccurate price published by a third party.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

And I agree with you that Serif should not have said “Buy now for only US$13.99” when they don’t have direct control over the price outside of the US! The problem here is that the company selling the product is not the company that sent you the marketing email, and Apple can’t reasonably be expected to honour a price published by a third party.

Although I am discontented with the wrong kind of advertising, I bought the program because I think it's a great app, but about the price, I think someone from the company should tell me something.
I see that no one from Serif says anything about anything.

• Staff

Hi Delman, welcome to the Affinity Forum!

We set the price in USD for sale within the USA, and from there the price shown in other countries and currencies is set by Apple based on a matrix they use for their App Store. We have no control over that matrix or any updates Apple may make to it in the future. Our Affinity Store matches these prices for Windows to make the sale price the same for both Mac and Windows users.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:45 AM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Serif should not have said “Buy now for only US$13.99”

This is a valid point, and I will mention this to the team behind the emails.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.