+1 for this.

I'd also love to have the option to view the colour swatches as squares rather than circles as I find it easier to compare many colours (such as pantones, or my own palettes) quickly. Love the asset import. Can swatches be as easy?

Also, can we have a mass import colour swatches from currently selected objects?

Also also.... Could the Add Application Palette (and add asset category) automatically bring up the rename bar?
(and a really minor thing, when you rename things, can the text bar auto-capitalise the first word after you hit the 'x'? - just a pleasantry.)

Hi definitely +1 this request too, its the first major obstacle I've come across in my workflow. 

I do a lot of work within the Material Design colour palette, so currently no effective way import these colours, i realise that it is possible in a round about way to add the rgb values individually but its impractical.

The ability to import .afpalette files maybe? Or just including the material palette in an update to sit alongside pantones. Also an option for Hex codes input please!

Really enjoying Designer otherwise, many thanks!

On 7/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, DM1 said:

Would love to see ability to import colour palettes.

Would it be possible to create a document in the desktop version that includes all colour you want to have in your palette? Then do in the Swatches Panel 'Create Palette from Document > As Document Palette'.

Then open this document on the iPad. It should bring its palette with it.

I haven't tried this but it could be some workaround with not too big palettes :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.424)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.422)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Yeah, just spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out how to import, or even create a palette with specific colors. Damn near impossible. The color picker in AD doesn't like choosing colors from imported images and there's no way to past in a hex value. This straight up brought my workflow to a hault until I could get back to the office on my desktop.

Anyways, +1 for enhancing the capabilities of swatch/palette creation.