You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad - Rulers

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!RULERSSSSS PLEASE!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, VectorCat said:

so...I’ve been all over AD/iOS like ants on ice cream and I can’t find a whisper of rulers and guides...

"Ants on ice cream" is now my favorite saying! And yes, Rulers would be awesome. :)

+1 please add rulers

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 2 weeks later...

hahahaha. incredible. I think I'm quite good at using all Affinity Apps. don't use the iPad app as much as desktop, and today I spent quite some time looking to activate the ruler. "Command+R in the iPad". the last thing I could imagine is that there are no rulers. came to the forum looking for wisdom and all I found was these 3 years of asking for the most common basic tool. HOW CAN THE BEST DESIGN APP BE WITHOUT A RULER?

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Designer123 said:

Version 1.10 

I was hoping that rulers would be introduced.  Maybe I cannot find them?  Has anyone found the rulers?

If such a feature had been added it would have been available for testing in the beta and it would have been mentioned in the release notes.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 8/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Alfred said:

If such a feature had been added it would have been available for testing in the beta and it would have been mentioned in the release notes.

it's still strange they are not able to include such a basic function... I mean it's nothing fancy but just a ruler.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 2 months later...

View | Show Rulers.

Is this not available on the iPad version???

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, DM1 said:

Rulers will hopefully make it to the next release, along with import palettes etc.

Four years later and iPad still lacks basic functions like rulers and import palettes :( 

I add a vote for rulers too.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...