You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

insert block of colors into grouped lines

what im trying to do is this:

I have a series of lines that are grouped & what im trying to do is insert a block of colors into that group of lines, so the group uses the blocks colours instead, but keeping the shape of the grouped lines.

BUT

the grouped lines can not do this until I rasterise the group instead & then drag those block of colors over the top. but doing this makes the quality pretty cack & I want the best I can get for printing

I know there is a way, but I cant remember the verbiage of it, nor can I remember where im sure I have seen this before

it would be great if someone could help as this is stopping me from sending the prints off to get... errr... printed ;)

Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo ?

got a screenshot of the shape and the layer panel with the group open?

is it anything like this.
938033134_ScreenShot2018-07-11at20_58_28.png.c733f1384c6dbf56049f4a1cb7312d48.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I cant post what im doing since its a job - but I did make a dud project to show

screeshotted & described the groups as block & lines

the lines have no fill but the stroke is just large

so what it is is use the colors & order from the blocks & insert it over the lines, but keeping the layout of how the lines are. it chops off the lingering grouped blocks that are not within the grouped lines

I can do this easily with rasterizved grouped lines, but quality goes down at certain scales. I want to try & keep the quality as high without having to rasterize

thanks for the help & hope my explanation makes sense

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 20.58.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 21.00.30.png

HOLY SHIT FIST, YES!!!

thank you so much @reglico that was what I was looking for. also thank to @firstdefence as well for getting back

that was what I had done AGES ago, but I never remember the verbiage of things most of the time

EXCELLENT. I can now sleep well tonight

again. thank you xxxxxx

Edited by lewislepton
blah blah

Hello, Jimmy Jack,

You are right, your method is simpler and faster!

And thank you for your wishes for Sunday, may the best win as they say!