You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would you like an Asset Manager from Serif Affinity?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an Asset Manager from Serif Affinity?

• Yes
    • No

People have been asking for an asset management program.

I would love if it integrated with Google Drive, Dropbox and other well used Cloud storage solutions. I would not like it if you came up with your own cloud solution like Adobe did. Please don't do it as you have been not doing things the Adobe way. But some kind of versioning and collaborative conflict management would also be great, working together with Google Drive or the others.

• 4 months later...

I agree with this suggestion. By having assets in the cloud (if wanted) would easily allow cross collaboration with other team members....or even be able to save them on a local file server for collaboration. I looked through the program files and did not even see an "Asset" folder although I did find an asset file

On 7/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, michacassola said:

People have been asking for an asset management program.

I would love if it integrated with Google Drive, Dropbox and other well used Cloud storage solutions. I would not like it if you came up with your own cloud solution like Adobe did. Please don't do it as you have been not doing things the Adobe way. But some kind of versioning and collaborative conflict management would also be great, working together with Google Drive or the others.

Hello @michacassola,

are you aware that there are already several threads on a future asset manager or also called DAM (digital asset manager)?

See this poll and a lot to read on this topic in this thread :)
You even will be delighted to read this post by a Serif employee.

Cheers!
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

I am quite sure there are always different threads about things as it is a forum. Also they moved around a lot of things while the forums were still live so I posted this thread in an then still empty forum area. I didn't know about other threads then as I thought they are opening a new empty area at the time. But thanks for posting other threads, unfortunately I am busy with other things than the forum life :)

18 hours ago, michacassola said:

I am quite sure there are always different threads about things as it is a forum. Also they moved around a lot of things while the forums were still live so I posted this thread in an then still empty forum area. I didn't know about other threads then as I thought they are opening a new empty area at the time. But thanks for posting other threads, unfortunately I am busy with other things than the forum life :)

Never mind. I just thought to connect you to the information that is already available on here. It is actually quite informative.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil