You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am thinking of downloading AD as I believe it will give us everything we require for a new business venture - the way Photoshop and Illustrator has gone subscription based really doesn't help small start up business.

A quick question anyway - can you embed fonts before creating a PDF for export? I have searched and I believe AD doesn't support this feature at the moment but I hope to be proven wrong!

If you aren't able to do this in AD, can you export as PDF and open in Pages on the same computer and embed fonts there before sending to an external print company?

Thanks.

Hi, I had to face that when sending to print, text with images.

AD have the nice feature to convert text to lines before export. This also will assure you that the print is exactly the same as you see, as long as the text is exported as vectors and no more text+font, without all the issues about how a font is rendered on different systems.

You will want to keep text in the original project, instead.

AndreaR,

Converting text to curves (outlines for those coming from Illustrator) is handy but it is a pain because you have to (as you pointed out) keep another copy of the file so that you can edit the text later if you need to. Affinity Designer has a handy feature when you export your files to PDF. You can choose "Export text as curves for font independence" and then you get the best of both worlds. You get fonts that are exported to PDF as curves (outlines) and yet your text remains editable in your original file. 

Hokusai

post-3209-0-35852000-1425256975_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

AndreaR,

Converting text to curves (outlines for those coming from Illustrator) is handy but it is a pain because you have to (as you pointed out) keep another copy of the file so that you can edit the text later if you need to. Affinity Designer has a handy feature when you export your files to PDF. You can choose "Export text as curves for font independence" and then you get the best of both worlds. You get fonts that are exported to PDF as curves (outlines) and yet your text remains editable in your original file. 

Hokusai

Yes, correct, as "before export" I intended the option to turn on pdf export settings. That the reason I pointed  you can keep text into the original project.

Thanks for clearing better things up^

• 4 months later...

Font embedding and subsetting for PDF output is on our feature roadmap. This should hopefully make it into a release later this year.

Is Font embedding for PSD Export also on the roadmap?

My workflow involves taking pSD-files, modifying them with affinity, and re-export them to PSDs.

There currently I lose texts (Grafik Text) with gets converted into PSD (pixels)

When will font embedding for PSDs work?

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question anyway - can you embed fonts before creating a PDF for export? I have searched and I believe AD doesn't support this feature at the moment but I hope to be proven wrong!

The current Mac App Store version always embeds fonts in PDF. The current (today's) beta makes it an option, which you can find by clicking on the More button.

• 5 months later...