You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This forum should exist in the form of a social network

I have seen that this forum has a section where people share the work and it would seem ideal for me to have a social network with this initiative. Some of us already do it in the social networks that exist, but if there was one of Affinity, it could be used for everything that this web page serves.

1 minute ago, Moisés said:

but not in the form of an app. So we could interact more easily and accessible than on this web

Sorry to ask. What can be more easy to interact like here? We can quote, post, like, link, show images and videos, attach files. Why should Serif split this rather lively and with many informative posts and discussions into different sites. I think it would blurr the focus.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, dominik said:

Sorry to ask. What can be more easy to interact like here? We can quote, post, like, link, show images and videos, attach files. Why should Serif split this rather lively and with many informative posts and discussions into different sites. I think it would blurr the focus.

d.

Absolutely. This forum surely is quite adequate to cater for most needs.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

10 minutes ago, Moisés said:

It's an opinion

OK, I understand. It would not be my preference but this is why we are all not of the same kind :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

I have, so far, managed to avoid using any social media, apps or otherwise. Like @Dominic, I find the Affinity forums provide all that I want.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

3 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

I have, so far, managed to avoid using any social media, apps or otherwise. Like @Dominic, I find the Affinity forums provide all that I want.

John

Likewise, John.

There's way too much emphasis placed on social networks these days, they'll all a much of a much in my view.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

for example, the part where users put their work with Affinity is not as visual as it is in an app (instagram, facebook, etc)

In addition, the web could be integrated with the app, thus giving service to those who prefer it in one way or another.

• Staff

We are a small company. There will be no Affinity forum/sharing app "like instagram or Facebook".  I suggest that you use instagram, or Facebook.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Discord? Nah. . .just an augmented one.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:53 PM, John Rostron said:

John

I am not sure how far away a "forum" is from a social app/medium. You have an avatar and post things that others and the world can see. The only difference I can come up with is that Serif makes their money through their Software and not through Big Data and Advertisement like Facebook.

@Moisés Also if you prefer to show your work in a social network why not use Instagram as suggested. I am sure you can put a nice link in your signature to your channel and also post links to your artwork here. In this way you can connect things.

2 hours ago, michacassola said:

No estoy seguro de qué tan lejos un "Foro" es de una aplicación social/medio. Tienes un avatar y post cosas que otros y el mundo pueden ver. La única diferencia que puedo llegar a es que Serif hace su dinero a través de su software y no a través de grandes datos y publicidad como Facebook.

@Mois és También si prefieres mostrar tu trabajo en una red social, ¿por qué no utilizar Instagram como se sugiere. Estoy seguro de que usted puede poner un buen enlace en su firma a su canal y también publicar enlaces a su obra de arte aquí. De esta manera se pueden conectar las cosas.

I post my works on Instagram.

Actually it was just a suggestion. I do not pretend anything else, it occurred to me when I saw that the works published here are not easy to see, you have to click one by one. it seems more visual to me in the style of social networks.

7 minutes ago, Moisés said:

it occurred to me when I saw that the works published here are not easy to see, you have to click one by one. it seems more visual to me in the style of social networks.

Good point, it is not very visual in the forum. In this regard it may seem a little 'old school' (which I don't mind because I myself am old school  ;) )

I want to point you to https://affinityspotlight.com/, in case you don't know the site.
At the moment it is more of a magazine like site. But it could have the potential to be expanded in something you have in mind.

d.