You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 5 years later...
On 7/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, MEB said:

Hi Mr. K,
You can hide the contents of the artboard, unticking the corresponding check box in the Layers panel but not the artboard itself.

Hi MEB, 

I am an app designer and currently working with 48 artboards representing multiple pages of the app, screenshots etc.

I am looking for a way to hide the artboards I am not currently working on out of the Layers panel, as they take a lot of space and do not provide any useful information value when I simply work only in a single Artboard at a time. 

I can imagine that App development is one of the Affinity Designer's common usage. Is there some feature I am missing that would help me organize this? I know I can Group the Artboards, but that does not help very much and grouping everything creates deep group trees that are pretty confusing to orientate in (off-topic, but also important issue).

Thanks for support and keep it up guys! Affinity is already better than Adobe in my eyes!

UPDATE/BUG discovered: 

I tried to Group my Artboards as best as I could to reduce their footprint in Layers tab and strange bug happened: Any Artboard that is inside a Group will have the Measure Tool stop snapping to most of the things. Artboards that are not in any Group have Measure Tool working normally.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @Raptosauru5,
Thanks for your feedback/report and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I haven't been working these last months due some personal issues.
Regarding your questions: no, you are not missing anything. Affinity Designer doesn't provide any form of organizational structure to manipulate artboards as independent entities (similar to the Artboard panel in Illustrator or Pages in Sketch for example). In Designer, artboards are just a special object type with a few peculiar attributes set, and as such they belong to the main layer's hierarchy like any other object. Hiding them in the Layers panel (grouped or not) just hides their content - the artboard still remains visible on canvas, so presently there's no way to do what you want.

I confirm the Measure Tool isn't working/snapping to objects contained in artboards belonging to a group. Thanks for reporting it.

@MEB Thanks for reply, I am sorry to hear about your personal issues. I hope you are doing better now!

Hopefully the developers will figure out some smart way how to hide the Artboards from Layers. Overall I think the Designer could more include UI/UX designing workflows. For now it seems that UI design field could use more love in Affinity Designer. I know that this is probably not Designer's main target, but the Designer is the best tool out there for Vector graphics UI designers use mostly.

Thanks for confirming the bug. You guys are doing an amazing job, developing an amazing tool!