You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad vs computer tool function - Why different values?

Hi everyone,

After finally getting and iPad which can run Photo, I’m in the process of learning the iPad version.  It’s surprising to me how many differences there are (unnecessary in my opinion!) 

For example, the unsharp mask options have completely different units/values/ranges. (See two photos)

The adjustment options are labeled the same: radius, factor, and threshold, but the range is quite different. 

For example, “factor” on the computer goes from 0-4, but on the iPad it goes from 0-100%. 

“Radius” on the computer goes from 0-100 pixels, but on the iPad it goes from 0-1024 pixels! 

What gives?

It took me a long time to figure out good settings for this and other common adjustments (including noise reduction in the raw develop persona), and now I have to start over with many of them.  

Am I missing something obvious?

What have you guys found works for conversions between the two versions of Photo? 

Lastly, is there a master list of these differences?  Maybe someone has already made a conversion reference list to save us all time. 

Thank you all in advance.   I do love this software.  I feel on my computer it is and extension of my eye and brain.  I’m looking forward to feeling that way on the iPad soon. 

71A65621-C73E-4488-8DDD-8D19C4D2AAB3.jpeg

F786D8E0-92EC-4D3C-86B4-EEF10B4B96F3.jpeg