You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

raw files a comparison lightroom and affinity: affinity tend to magenta

before I buy affinity on ipad I wanted to test the software and did a comparison on a friendly PC: lightroom vs affinity with raw pics.

in all the samples I tested (all raw pics from canon 7D) affinity show very unnatural color rendition with a really strong magenta cast. If i try to correct it adding some "green" I loose completely the skin tones, so I really need your support I need to know: is the problem avaiable also on the ipad version or it's only on the pc? I will never use affinity on pc I really wish to focus this topic on the ipad version. I used the pc only for a quick test, to understand how does the app perform.

thx for help,

Dan

Cattura.PNG

p.s. affinity version for the test is 1.6.5.112 Beta

• Staff

Hi Dan,

Affinity Photo for iPad uses the RAW engine built into iOS which is by Apple. The Windows version uses our SerifLABS engine and may process the RAW information differently. If you can link me to the sample RAW you've used I'll open it on the iPad version and upload a screenshot for you.

13 hours ago, Lee D said:

Hi Dan,

Affinity Photo for iPad uses the RAW engine built into iOS which is by Apple. The Windows version uses our SerifLABS engine and may process the RAW information differently. If you can link me to the sample RAW you've used I'll open it on the iPad version and upload a screenshot for you.

thanks for your reply. I'm sorrry I prefere to do not share that photo because it's one of my favorites.

I should try to make a new photo only fot this purpose. I'll let you know if I accomplish in this quest asap, maybe even tomorrow. 

I posted the problem also on another forum so it's better that I give good news also over there with an update post.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:01 PM, Lee D said:

Hi Dan,

Hi I will send you the original photo, where can I send it to you? thx again for your support