You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Ranakade,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Yes, you can save gradients to the Swatches panel. Select the object with the gradient you want to save (with the Move Tool selected - if you do it with the Gradient Tool it will add the colour of the selected gradient stop instead), then go to the Swatches panel and click the small palette icon after the dropdown to add the gradient to the the selected palette.

If you need to create a new palette instead of adding it to an existing one, click the small menu icon on the top of the panel and select Add Application or Document palette as you see fit.

As @MEB says or you can right click on a shape and choose Add to Swatches > From Fill.

Make sure that none of the gradients handles are selected or it adds the handle colour as solid colour, not the whole gradient. Press escape to deselect them.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 months later...

Err... I'm a little ignorant - forgive me.

So, I have an image open. In the Layers panel I click on the Adjustments icon & select 'Gradient Map'. In the Gradient Map window I adjust the colors to what I want & then click on 'Add Preset' & name it - say 'B & W'

I then close the Gradient Map window & in the swatches panel palete a little gradient symbol appears.

Later I open another image & want to apply the 'B & W' gradient map I created. How do I go about that? 

16 minutes ago, D23 said:

Later I open another image & want to apply the 'B & W' gradient map I created. How do I go about that? 

If you look in the Adjustments panel in the Studio, the Gradient Maps (including the ones you save as presets) appear in there. I created 'red'.

Click on it to apply it.

grads.jpg.48aed1823b0f01e977a8759b775adf49.jpg

Presets and Swatches are entirely different things.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 8 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, toltec said:

If you look in the Adjustments panel in the Studio, the Gradient Maps (including the ones you save as presets) appear in there. I created 'red'.

Click on it to apply it.

grads.jpg.48aed1823b0f01e977a8759b775adf49.jpg

Presets and Swatches are entirely different things.

I can't seem to get this window?

I've looked at View>Studio> and there wasn't an 'adjustments' panel there.

All I can get is this and all I want is to apply preset gradient maps:

image.png