You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just like in Photoshop I find it so slow and irritating to move around from brush category to another while illustrating, painting and drawing in Affinity. In Krita there is a brush manager where you collect your favourites, in Painter too, in ClipStudio, in SketchBook Pro it is easy to drag brushes around to collect them in one single library, and now even in Photoshop (I have not tired it yet). Why not in Affinity? Or is there a way to manage to keep your favourites in one single place already, a way I have not found out about yet?

Please, if someone knows a way to do it, to manage my favourites in one place, tell me how. If not, please developers, make a manager like the Brush Box (found on Gumroad). It will make workflow soo much better :)

Henry

snip_20180710153502.png

Create a new brush category
Rename it Favourites
Individually, right click your favourite brushes and select Copy to Category

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 6 months later...

Adobe has made improvements to the Photoshop brush manager recently and my opinion is that Affinity Photo is well behind. I have a large collection and use them a lot, but managing them from AP is difficult. There is no way to arrange loaded brush categories alphabetically, so they become a jumble I have to fish through to find what I want. And when I do locate the correct category, selecting the brush I want is really hard with those tiny little thumbnails. Having to click on each individual cloud brush to get an idea of what it looks like is inefficient and frustrating. So if you are reading this, Serif, please do something about your inadequate brush manager.