You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feedback: New Product Request - Affinity Video Editing and Compositing

Affinity has been extremely forward thinking with their Photo and Designer.... I prefer the speed and ease of use over Photoshop and Illustrator.  I have become aware that Affinity will be coming out with Affinity Publisher soon which is also exciting.  But if Affinity can produce a video editing software that has the same speed and ease of use as their other products, I would be extremely excited. There are practical things I think Affinity would implement in their video editing package that the other big name brands (Final Cut Pro, Premiere) would not conceptualize. And the same would be true if Affinity made a compositing software. So please please make a video editing package and compositing package that gives me an excuse to stop using Premiere and After Effects!

With all of these apps combined... not only would Affinity become a Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign killer..... but a Creative Cloud killer in general!

3 hours ago, FractalMind said:

Affinity has been extremely forward thinking with their Photo and Designer.... I prefer the speed and ease of use over Photoshop and Illustrator.  I have become aware that Affinity will be coming out with Affinity Publisher soon which is also exciting.  But if Affinity can produce a video editing software that has the same speed and ease of use as their other products, I would be extremely excited. There are practical things I think Affinity would implement in their video editing package that the other big name brands (Final Cut Pro, Premiere) would not conceptualize. And the same would be true if Affinity made a compositing software. So please please make a video editing package and compositing package that gives me an excuse to stop using Premiere and After Effects!

With all of these apps combined... not only would Affinity become a Photoshop/Illustrator/Indesign killer..... but a Creative Cloud killer in general!

Hi @FractalMind,

I don't like to answer a post by a new user to the forum with a rather discouraging answer. In regard to a video editing software by Affinity I want to point you to this post by Patrick Connor of Serif:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/16452-affinity-video-editor/&do=findComment&comment=133783

Nevertheless, please feel free to come up with more requests and suggestions. This is the place for it :)

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil