You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards output in designer

It would be great that when you have alot of artboards and they are named accordingly, you can select to save each artboard as a seperate file in one go. Rather than selecting each artboard and outputting ..very time consuming. 

I can't find the option, you can do this in illustrator and saves tons of time.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

That sort of exists,  already:

1. Create your artboards, with appropriate names.
  2. Switch to the Export Persona.
  3. In the Slices panel, untick the background layer, and leave the remaining ones selected.
  4. Click on Export Slices.

The only difficulty I see with that is that if you don't want them all exported as PNG you need to click on each slice and change its export preset individually. But then when you click on Export Slices they all export in one operation.

It would be better if the overall preset setting affected all the slices.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That sort of exists,  already:

1. Create your artboards, with appropriate names.
  2. Switch to the Export Persona.
  3. In the Slices panel, untick the background layer, and leave the remaining ones selected.
  4. Click on Export Slices.

The only difficulty I see with that is that if you don't want them all exported as PNG you need to click on each slice and change its export preset individually. But then when you click on Export Slices they all export in one operation.

It would be better if the overall preset setting affected all the slices.

This is one way around it, but it won't output to TIFF. 

when exporting there should be a checkbox for all artboards. 

This persona thing is more work than it needs to be.

Thank you for the explanation . Didn;t know about this.. But doesn't seem to output to TIFF. No good to me.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

never mind , found the tiff part...but some weird output on some pages.. Will play with this a bit. 

But this should still be part of the regular EXPORT in draw persona..

Gary

3 hours ago, thegary said:

This persona thing is more work than it needs to be.

Hi @thegary,

it took me a while to understand the Export Persona. At first it looked complicated. Once I dug deeper into it I understood that is a very powerfull tool. If you want simple exports then File>Export is the way to go. But if you want more complex exports that can be done fast then there is the Export Persona.

There is a video tutorial on this topic:

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 7/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, dominik said:

Hi @thegary,

it took me a while to understand the Export Persona. At first it looked complicated. Once I dug deeper into it I understood that is a very powerfull tool. If you want simple exports then File>Export is the way to go. But if you want more complex exports that can be done fast then there is the Export Persona.

There is a video tutorial on this topic:

Cheers,
d.

This is not working properly either...its not retaining the information in each of layers such as opacity, layer type ( multiply in my case ) and other settings...just exports them with default settings. Making it useless. 

I  still have to out put them one at a time in draw persona...again a check mark to out put artboards to seperate files makes this less complicated. I have no use for SLICES and definetly not since its not keeping my layers as created.

Please dont' ask for a sample ...document has a NDA signed, cannot send..

Need another solution for out put. Right now i have to export 20 artboards one at a time...

Gary

18 minutes ago, thegary said:

You may need to create something specific as a test that demonstrates the issue you're talking about, and is not under NDA.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You may need to create something specific as a test that demonstrates the issue you're talking about, and is not under NDA.

i have blurred the text..as its not the issue..the one from draw persona is correct...

the one from slices , the back ground is darker and where the text is, its actually a image with multiply attached so it shows the back ground. Its not work on slices.

Gary

page output draw persona.jpg

page output slice.jpg

Those samples likely won't work. We'll need to see accurate screenshots and have the actual .afphoto file for experimentation. That's why I suggested you create a different file that demonstrates the problem.

-- Walt
PC:

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Those samples likely won't work. We'll need to see accurate screenshots and have the actual .afphoto file for experimentation. That's why I suggested you create a different file that demonstrates the problem.

Here you go. The names explain what persona i used...slices persona is wrong.

Gary

slices problem draw persona output.jpg

slices problem slices persona output.jpg

8 hours ago, thegary said:

This is not working properly either...its not retaining the information in each of layers such as opacity, layer type ( multiply in my case ) and other settings...just exports them with default settings. Making it useless. 

I  still have to out put them one at a time in draw persona...again a check mark to out put artboards to seperate files makes this less complicated. I have no use for SLICES and definetly not since its not keeping my layers as created.

Need another solution for out put. Right now i have to export 20 artboards one at a time...

Gary

Sorry that I can not be of help. Your workflow seems to be very specific.

Good luck.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Sorry, but as I said we probably need an actual .afphoto file, not just screen shots. 

-- Walt
PC:

8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Sorry, but as I said we probably need an actual .afphoto file, not just screen shots. 

@walt.farrell

Sorry about that..thought i attached it..

Here it is ...let me know...

Thank you everyone for your help!

Gary

slices problem.afdesign

Sorry; I've no idea why the TIFF version from the Export Persona gets that dark border, especially as it doesn't happen when exporting to JPEG.

I'll be interested to see what chris_k or others come up with, but it feels like a bug to me given the difference in behavior between JPEG and TIFF.

-- Walt
PC: