You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to create multiple (differently sized) slices from one layer (the one with a yellow icon)? Or is there a way to "restrict" a (normal, one with a purple icon) slice to a layer, that is to have its content only contain a specific layer, even if the slice overlaps another visible layer?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi @Angstyboy

Welcome to the forums. 

You can use the tiny drop-down to expand it, and you can specify different sizes for the same slice. 

image.png.48dd296345082956b94023586a2a560b.png

As for the "purple" slice, you cannot select what layers go into it. The normal slice will include everything on the canvas

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you for your answer. I knew about the different scales you can export, but I want to make two different slices off one layer, with each a different dimention and position. Is that doable?

On a related note: when I export a slice @0.5x, and open the file in AP, it is opened twice as big as the actual dimentions (and of course very pixelated), but when I view it in any other application, it looks normal. Any idea why? When I export an 500x500 image with "250w" for instance (250 pixels wide), it does not rescale it in AP, but it does so when I export at "0.5x"...

• Staff

No, you cannot have 2 different slices off one single layer. 

The slice export size ( 1x, 2x, 3x, etc) is linked with your document DPI. 1x is considered 72, and so on.

If your document DPI is set to 72, you will have the following for a 100px square

• .5x - 50 x 50
  • 1x - 100 x 100
  • 2x - 200 x 200
  • 3x - 300 x 300

@144 dpi, you're basically working on 2x. So you will have:

• .5x - 25 x 25
  • 1x - 50 x 50
  • 2x - 100 x 100
  • 3x - 150 x 150

@216 dpi, you're working on 3x

• .5x - 16 x 16
  • 1x - 33 x 33