You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop to Selection

On 7/9/2018 at 12:15 AM, DFF said:

I wouldn't have even bought the program

Why did not you use the trial version?

You can use Copy and New from Clipboard.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

For me it is also question - why not to implement crop to selection?

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

• 8 months later...

I've been looking for an answer to this question, which has been requested on these forums for five years.

Like the OP, I discovered this about an hour after paying for the software.  =/

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered but…is there any way a rectangle or any selection choice for that matter can have an adjustable size amount.   ie: I work with larger 16" x 20" scans of various resolutions and would like to make a rectangle selection that is 8" x 10".  I understand inches much better than pixels but there doesn't seem to be any other simplistic choice like select the rectangle tool, click once on the image and get a dialog box asking you to enter your dimension of the shape weather it's by inches, pixels, millimeters or other. Thank You and I anxiously await your response. Robo

Edited by robolojo

8 hours ago, robolojo said:

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered but…is there any way a rectangle or any selection choice for that matter can have an adjustable size amount.   ie: I work with larger 16" x 20" scans of various resolutions and would like to make a rectangle selection that is 8" x 10".  I understand inches much better than pixels but there doesn't seem to be any other simplistic choice like select the rectangle tool, click once on the image and get a dialog box asking you to enter your dimension of the shape weather it's by inches, pixels, millimeters or other. Thank You and I anxiously await your response. Robo

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, robolojo.

You could:

• Display the rulers (View > Show Ruler) and then drag vertical and horizontal guides to outline the location and size where you want the rectangle or selection, and then draw the rectangle or selection to fit within the guides. Enabling snapping will help in that operation. Or,
  • You could draw a rectangle of some arbitrary size and then use the Transform Panel to make it the size you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1