You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hi i bought both the affinity design and photo editor but when i download both ... one would work but the other would say invalid key ... so i reinstalled the one that said invalid key etc. and it worked but the the other affinity software then said invalid key ... why is this ! i want to use both programs without having to reinstall every time ... please help ! please give clear instructions for solutions as i am not tech savvy 

18 minutes ago, elephant999 said:

hi i bought both the affinity design and photo editor but when i download both ... one would work but the other would say invalid key ... so i reinstalled the one that said invalid key etc. and it worked but the the other affinity software then said invalid key ... why is this ! i want to use both programs without having to reinstall every time ... please help ! please give clear instructions for solutions as i am not tech savvy 

By default, Affinity Designer is installed in a ‘Designer’ folder and Affinity Photo is installed in a ‘Photo’ folder. The problem that you’ve described typically occurs when you try to install the two apps in a single folder instead of two separate ones.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi elephant999,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You can use Pressure Profiles to create a similar brush stroke. To access them click the stroke width dropdown in the context toolbar then click the Pressure button to open the profile graph. Check the image below for details: 

pressure_profiles.png.ce552dd4ba9a1d68831e29c35275b3b5.png

To add points to the graph just click over it where you want to add the point. You will notice that the end points are linked. When you try to move one the other will follow. To unlink them click once over one of them and you should be able to move them independently.

Hi, elephant999,

There was an earlier post to the same Adobe demonstration some time ago.  What MEB shows will allow you to get inflected strokes. One can make many variations, and save the profiles, and assign them to various lines for variety. 

My recollection of the tutorial was that it was also intended to create fills after the "sketchy" lines were made. Designer does not work at all like what is shown there. Try this. Manually trace over an area, set the stroke to none, and the fill to whatever color seems right. Duplicate that, and get rid of the fill. Assign a pressure stroke. Then, moving around the perimeter, start breaking the line up. Each section will have the pressure stroke. The end result will be rather sketchy.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet