You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicate Documents

+10... or in the Document menu, I use this ALL the time in PS as a quick/tem backup, if I don't wanna save the file just yet, or if I wanna try something out but not on the original, saved, doc.... 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

+10... or in the Document menu, I use this ALL the time in PS as a quick/tem backup, if I don't wanna save the file just yet, or if I anna try something out but not on the original, saved, doc.... 

exactly as my usage !

It is an extremely important feature for power users

• 1 year later...

I just noticed this thread is over a year old… as of the latest beta the duplicate document feature has not been addressed yet.

Can we look forward for this to be implemented in the near future? Lacking some sort of duplicate command seriously hampers our workflow.

Thanks! 

I just noticed this thread is over a year old… as of the latest beta the duplicate document feature has not been addressed yet.

Can we look forward for this to be implemented in the near future? Lacking some sort of duplicate command seriously hampers our workflow.

Thanks! 

Actually you can duplicate an image in AP, although it's not quite as efficient as in Photoshop.  I use PS almost exclusively, but also checking AP in case there might someday be an issue with PS CS6.  I have encountered a number of questionable situations in AP, but it definitely does have potential.  In PS I usually have a number of images open at any one time, so I turn of the "Application Frame" since I do not like working with tabs.  Therefore I am also working in AP in "Separated Mode", although I am not fond of the floating, tab like window.  However, I do digress.  The answer to your question is as follows: open an image file - copy(alt/opion + c) - go to FIle>Open From Clipboard.  This will open a duplicate/copy of your image file.  Hope this helps.

Gary

The answer to your question is as follows: open an image file - copy(alt/opion + c) - go to FIle>Open From Clipboard.  This will open a duplicate/copy of your image file.  Hope this helps.

The copy has only 96 dpi, but the original 300 dpi. Why?

Maybe it would be better to leave the decision to the user. Let Affinity allow the user to chose where (s)he wants to copy/duplicate the file - maybe on another hard disk, not on different partition on the same HD.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

The copy has only 96 dpi, but the original 300 dpi. Why?

Woops ;^(   I apologize for not checking the resolution of the "copy", and I have no idea why that is happening.  Obviously there is an answer, but not one I can think of at the moment.  I just did the same procedure again and saved the copy to the desktop.  When I opened the desktop file in PS it was 76ppi.  'Tis a conundrum.