You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AffDes + AffPhoto: Protractors & Moveable 0-point rulers v2.0

catlover

Protractors & moveable zero-point rulers

I have removed the existing files from the Resources Forum, and replaced them with an updated version (v2.0)

Changes :

>One-click color change.

>No separate horizontal and vertical rulers.

>>If a separate Hor/Vert ruler is needed, open the file and delete the obsolete ruler.

>Rulers & Protractors are now also available as "Asset".

>Naming conventions streamlined.

Please feel free to edit/change the files to your liking.

The rulers/protractors are available as file  for use with Affinity Photo as well as Asset for Affinity Designer.

For using the rulers/protractors, please refer to the "How To" file / asset.

PS:

Instead of having to copy/paste a ruler, you can also stick the ruler files onto your desktop and upon use, drag it onto the canvas. It will then show up as an embedded document (separate layer) which you can also delete when no longer needed.

I hope you find them useful until the upcoming release of the much anticipated major 1.7 update.

How to v2.0.afdesign

Protractor-type1 v2.0.afdesign

Protractor-type1a v2.0.afdesign

Protractor-type2 v2.0.afdesign

RulerV+H-15cm v2.0.afdesign

RulerV+H-30cm v2.0.afdesign

RulerV+H-Inch-10th v2.0.afdesign

RulerV+H-Inch-16th v2.0.afdesign

Rulers&Protractors v2.0.afassets

Edited by catlover
mistake in asset file-fixed

Thanks - thought the original was useful (and did indeed use the protractor a few times) - so, great to have an extended set.

I think the assets version may include two copies of the inch 10th ruler? Either that or I made a duplicate without realising how!

A shame that the assets studio is so limited at present: can't choose to show asset names, change size of thumbnail, show as list, choose background colour of the thumbnail etc etc.

Makes these finely detailed tools almost impossible to see! Fingers crossed Affinity will improve functionality soon.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 2 years later...

I have uploaded them again, they are available for download in the Resources section.

The rulers are obsolete ever since the application rulers had moving zero point functionality added.

So, the rulers will not be uploaded again.