You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Independently move object corner points

Currently when you select objects you get a rectangle bounding box with 4 corners. Using these points you can resize, change the aspect ratio, rotate, and even skew the object. However some transformations such as perspective are not possible other than a pixel based transform in Affinity Photo. 

A feature I would very much like to see is the ability to independently drag any 1 of the four corner points to any other position. This would all a lot more transformation possibilities. I imagine this could be achieved by using an key modifier that isn't currently being used when clicking on one of the corner points, then allow user to distort the object in anyway they wish.

If this is something possible for the future I'd be very happy to hear it.

A vector Mesh Warp/Distort Tool is on the Affinity Designer roadmap, which means we can expect to see it in a free 1.x update.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)