You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I use Affinity software to make my own content and sell on?

Hi all,

I am quite new and this question may have been asked though I couldn't find answer I was looking for so will create a thread. :)

I am looking at buying Affinity software and want to know can I sell the content I make with it?

Can any content I make be sold that was created though Affinity software? and is there any royalties to this?

I am looking at using Affinity Designer so wondering when buying version that isn't education will allow me to create content for commercial use.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Joel 

Here's what I know. The only licensing issues I know about are for using multiple copies for a business. The work produced w. the tool is your own. Affinity exports to standard file formats. The ownership of those is between you and the client.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

On 7/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, gdenby said:

Here's what I know. The only licensing issues I know about are for using multiple copies for a business. The work produced w. the tool is your own. Affinity exports to standard file formats. The ownership of those is between you and the client.

Thanks gdenby, that is awesome to hear.

Am thinking of getting this to do some designs in vector format so this be brilliant :)

joelsherring,

You might want to do a search on "Affinity Spotlight," and check out some of the artist's work showcased there. There's a fine Frankentoon designer tute, among other things. Also, check out the forum section "Share your work" for a peak of what people are doing, some of it w. direct business intent.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Whatever you create with Affinity is yours to do with as you please, obviously as your manager I'd take a 15% cut but barring that your good to go ;-)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, gdenby said:

That is awesome :)

I be sure to check out tutorials and others work :D going to buy it when its payday :3 

19 minutes ago, joelsherring said:

going to buy it when its payday :3

I hope that day isn’t too far off! It would be a shame for you to miss the current 30% discount.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)