You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using adjustment threshold and colour picker to remove colour cast.

Hi I  looked at a tutorial on removing colour casts in images. Then i tried to find something using Affinity but it appears there is not one readily available while using the Adjustment Threshold and the Colour Picker. 

When I set the sampling perimeters in Affinity and then pick the corresponding shadow , light and areas there appears not to be  a way to reference those regions  to help with the removal of  colour cast using a curves or level dialogue box. Those boxes also seem not to have individual colour pickers for the  corresponding reference points which leads me to believe this technique is not at all possible. 

If this is the case is there another  and equally effective way to remove colour cast and at the same time white balance an image?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Am I correct in believing that Affinity does not have the capability to sample colours using the colour sampling adjustment tools currently available in Photoshop?

If this is the case how would one work around this using another method to colour correct or even colour match skin colour?

Thanks in advance.

The tool is used extensively in this video:

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @justin b,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. The sampling points work as expected. 

You can use the exact same technique in Affinity. We have got both curves and HSL available. 

i have been told there is no way to sample a variety of colours using a  sampling dropper to colour match skin. By making a palette of colours it becomes a straightforward process in photoshop to match a skin  colour profile. In photoshop you simply instruct it to identify the shadows , highlights and midtones and by using the palette the relevant colours are added easily to the sampled points. If you can be a little bit more exact i will be able to understand  what you found to do the same thing.

10 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Affinity Photo.jpg

Thanks,

Gabe. 

• Staff

Your video does not cover any creation of colour palette and matching that to the skin tones. You can follow every single step from the video apart from the selective HSL desaturation on that vignette at 3:50. Apart from that, there is no other difference in the process.