You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour panel: ability to choose displayed values

Please could you give an option in the colour panel to choose the values of a particular colour space. The colour wheel is fixed at Hue Saturation and Lightness, but is a good method of quickly choosing a colour.

All it needs is a small dropdown that allows cycling of the values in RGB, HSL, RGB Hexidecimal and CMYK

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MEB, but what I'm after is the same colour chooser, but with values displayed. I find that the colour wheel is a free flowing way to select the colours. I like being able to see the values I'm choosing in one place. I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values. It just needs the other colour space values adding.

Something like this:

Dropdown.png.88a839dc473894838709ad0570515d03.png

Or this:

870886042_Valuefields.png.253e1913869fe79706147e9cf8ad13db.png

Or maybe even this (although this looks a bit messy):

Everything.png.915fe8909e3f83d8c83d894776cd257d.png

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

47 minutes ago, mattb5906 said:

what I'm after is the same colour chooser, but with values displayed. I find that the colour wheel is a free flowing way to select the colours. I like being able to see the values I'm choosing in one place. I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values. It just needs the other colour space values adding.

Would the dialog that you get if you double-click on either the foreground or background color well help you?

It gives you this color chooser, but you can still do basic color range selection using the color wheel while this dialog is showing:

image.png.4145f7cfdb3890df39aaa78ab30dcd38.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

That's what I'm after, but in the colour studio panel without having to open another dialog which covers my design. Or even a cut down version of this in the panel rather than a separate dialogue.

11 hours ago, mattb5906 said:

I use the Colour Chooser dialogue as my default, but it's annoying that it opens in another panel just so I can view all the values.

I just find it a strange design desicion why HSL is shown, but nothing else.

CrPzyCp.jpg