You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to record macro for "development persona" to run on a batch

Hi,
I am trying to batch process a set of files. I like to convert RAW files to TIFF and be able to set various pre-recorded (marco) parameter that are available in the development persona (things like Development Assistant and basic,lens,details,tones)

My challenge is that I cannot see how I can record a macro under the development persona. I know how to do it under Photo persona (->view ->studio ->macros) but cannot see how to record the parameters I want to control in development persona (only not Photo persona) and then run onto a batch of files.

Under Development Persona if you go to ->view ->studio there is no macros options.

An actual example would be much appreciated

thank you

Arnim

Useful Info we always need.
What OS are you on? Mac or Windows and what version of Affinity Photo are you using.

Until Affinity Photo can do Batch RAW processing you would be better to look at a substitute app until such time as Affinity can implement Batch processing of RAW files. As far as I am aware Affinity Photo cannot Create Macro's in Develop Persona.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for your response "firstdefence". I am using macOS 10.13.5 and Affinity 1.6.7.

What substitute app do you use (or might recommend)  to convert raw files in a batch while being able to define ahead of time  some key aspects for the conversion?

I'm fairly certain (not quite 100% but very nearly) that the Macros features won't be available while in the Develop Persona. Although it might be cool to have this function, this makes sense. Even Photoshop won't run macros / actions while you're working on the RAW data. 

Thanks for the responses.

Let me re-frame my question with a simple example:

How to I apply e.g.  Detail Refinement to a batch of raw photos?

there must be a way to do this since it is such a common a basic task, is it not?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
9 hours ago, littlestwoolly said:

Any update on this? I agree there must be a way to apply lens detail refinements etc to a batch? Or do I have to do this individually for my 200+ photos?!? 

Do it individually or use another program. Serif is just not there yet with it's macro or Development of RAW files.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD