You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply image and blend modes

Something that would be really cool is if you could plug in formulas into the apply image interface and instead of applying it immediately by selecting a source layer within the document (a feature which the iPad version needs badly!), you could save it as a new blend mode type for use later. Basically, a much more convenient and powerful version of apply image. I know I tend to end up punching in the same formulas over and over, and sometimes the ability to define custom blend modes would be immensely useful (since it's nondestructive). A lot better than, for example, having to punch in the formula for a "divide" blend mode manually after exporting the layer to an external file so that it can be selected by apply image.

Anything that makes Affinity more customizable like this would be a huge deal, it's already a really nice framework that's not bloated... Being able to make tweaks like that would be amazing for improving the workflow in ways that Photoshop seemingly never will.

23 hours ago, Fotoloco said:

if you could plug in formulas into the apply image interface and instead of applying it immediately by selecting a source layer within the document (a feature which the iPad version needs badly!), you could save it as a new blend mode type for use later.

Out of curiousity,  may I ask for an example what you can achieve with this method? Is it usefull to create random images or is it more usefull for image processing and enhancing?

Thank you.
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 hours ago, Fotoloco said:

The most obvious is creating blend modes that don't currently exist in Affinity like the "divide" one, or for creating saturation masks, etc.

Thank you @Fotoloco,

I'll have to explore that :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil