fabiii9

Release Date of Affinity Publisher

Hi Lucia, shoofly,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's no release date yet. What will be made available this summer is a public beta for everyone to test and give feedback, not the final/retail version.

@shoofly,
Yes, it's summer now, but it hasn't ended yet.

I'm sure Serif wants to release it ASAP so they can start making money off it but they can't do it if it's not ready for prime time.

Like everyone, the release is eagerly awaited. I'd like to quit my subscription to the Adobe Creative Suite but have to wait for the third part of the trifecta - Publisher. I am presuming that it will be able to import InDesign files?

I really expect Serif to make Publisher a real good software for Printing, PDF management, color management but also all stuffs related to High Class DTP.
Also i i hope to see increasing and amazing changes from one beta version to another.

Guys wish you all the best.

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

23 minutes ago, tarknz said:

I am presuming that it will be able to import InDesign files?

I don’t think that’s a reasonable assumption to make about the first release. INDD import seems unlikely, at least in the early years, and even IDML import will probably be quite a long way off.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

.indd = ever changing file structure 

.Idml = fairly static file structure plus fairly graceful depreciation of features 

I know which I would choose to support if I were Serif. And as Alfred writes, its inclusion may well be a feature that is not included for sometime. 

With respect - will northern-hemisphere-based (usually American) companies please stop using "seasonal" nomenclature when describing release dates. The "coming this summer" reference means that you don't consider the entire southern hemisphere's market worth a damn to you. It's our winter, of course, and while that easily figured out by most individuals, it still begs the question why you can't simply state a month or group of months if you want to hide in that seasonal-width granularity. Sorry to rant, but damn it's annoying - especially given that I've literally been patiently waiting for YEARS for this product now.

2 minutes ago, Omaroo said:

With respect - will American companies please stop using "seasonal" nomenclature

Serif aren’t American :)

Anyway, what about South American companies?

Quite a few of them in the Southern Hemisphere ;) 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Besides they actually made it clear, here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

6 minutes ago, Martigny said:

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Patience, young Padawan. Only halfway through August we are. yoda.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

the hype is real

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

Hi Affinity team, the end of the month is coming really really fast !

Is there a further delay to expect or you are waiting to the last minute in order to polish the code ?

PS. Deadlines are the worst